Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice or better a solution for my disco II problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:27 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice or better a solution for my disco II problem

Hey guys im new to the forum as well for my car i bought a 2000 land rover disco II not to long ago it over heated on me after 3 or 4 month of purchasing it a bought the wayer pump (brand new), new thermostat, coolant hoses.. after changing all that the car keept overheating and all of a sudden just stopped. But now it has a annoying sound like if the power steering went bad that annoying noise i did checked it and the its fine but that noise sound like if its coming from the trani i recently changed the tani fluids and filters etc.. i thought that would take away that noise but it didnt also when im driving and let go of the gas pedal it feels like if its breaking on its own like if i had stepped on the brake pedal also if feel like if it was forced wuem driving amy solution or advice anything helps thank you guys.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:42 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Welcome, WOW!! Sounds like you got a hot mess on your hands there... So much happening where to start??? Back up, do you know the correct coolant bleed procedure? Do you have a code reader? Do your check engine lights work? Did you follow the transmission oil change procedure filling it while running and shifting through the gears and refilling?

Not sure about the noise, but I wouldn't be driving it much at this point.

Where are you located? An indy LR shops in the area?