Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to disco 2 upgrades. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
You're casting aspersions on those honest upright citizens of our democratic society are you
I'm a patriotic supporter of my home country's car industry (over the years I have owned a string of BMC/Leyland/BL/Rover products with one or two non-British cars in there - current fleet includes the D2, a "modern" S-type and an MGC GT) however, there are plenty of good reasons why I've never owned a TVR

Plus, my wife is a Yorkie and TVRs are Lancs.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattmo78
Here's a pic of where mine is attached. I just used 3M double sided tape

Mattmo: Do you think that mount system will hold up well for off-roading? I'm about to order an UltraGauge and didn't know which mount/bracket I should get with it (vertical, horizontal, Velcro, or window).

Old 09-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Drubie22
Mattmo: Do you think that mount system will hold up well for off-roading? I'm about to order an UltraGauge and didn't know which mount/bracket I should get with it (vertical, horizontal, Velcro, or window).
Definitely. I just used the basic bracket that came with the UG. I believe it came with the Velcro, but the glue on it didn't hold up for very long. Especially in my Oklahoma heat. I bought a roll of 3M double sided tape and just cut 2 pieces that fit the back of the mount and stuck it on. I used an alcohol wipe to clean the area on the console before I stuck the bracket on.

I did use the bracket that comes with the UG. That way the bracket will remain on the console, and I can unclip the Gauge to access the buttons on the rear.

You can use either side of the console. Mine is on the right side, my wife's is on the left side. I prefer the right, as it's more visible and away from the door window.