Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new head gasket or NOT?? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new head gasket or NOT?? Please help

So I posted earlier about the issues with my disco. I took it to have the coolant system pressure tested and they said that there was no leak when pressure tested but "looks like" head gaskets are damp, possibly with what "looks like" a black oil subtance. They also said valve cover is leaking a little. They said it was probably my head gasket...but that I would be okay to drive it for a while....When I had Auto Zone check it several days ago, it came back saying misfire cylinder #7....I had the spark plugs changed out....and boy were they toast. But that didnt fix my problem of my disco "shaking" or rough idling when at a complete stop. It is NOT over heating....the gage stays perfectly in the middle.....what should I do...any advice??? By the way, there is a pinkish reddish looking leak dripping onto my garage floor.....

Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: new head gasket or NOT?? Please help

Ok, I found it. Listed under Rangerovers.net . This shop has been in buisness since 1990. They have the testbook diagnostic equipment to sevice rovers. It is pricey to get, so they might bea little high, but it will be cheaper than the dealer.

Euro-Imports
2699 Broad Ave
Memphis TN38112
( 901)324-9500

From what you have told me; pink fluid leaking, intermittent heat, sloshing sound under the dash, and having to add coolant, you have a leak. Give these guys a call and see what they think. be ready to leave it with them, they will need to test it cold as well as hot. You might mention you are a member here just to make sure they won't try to snow you.

This could be a leaky intake manifold, and you could still have a rough running situation after it is fixed. New plug wires and plugs again might work. Just so you know, if you do need new head gaskets, get ready for about $2000 to fix it.