Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No ABS light but TC kicking in - after messing with sensors during 3rd member install

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation No ABS light but TC kicking in - after messing with sensors during 3rd member install

Had to take out the wheel speed sensors this past weekend when I put my new 3rd members.

When i started the truck for the first time after all the work the ABS light stayed on, when i tried to drive it the TC would kick on and apply brakes.

I pulled the ABS relay just to get around so the TC wouldnt kick in and had the codes read:

The guy read the codes turned the truck on and the ABS light went off and read the codes again. The light was off the second time he started the truck.

But when i started to drive the TC would kick on again (at about 5mph) NO ABS light though...maybe it would have came on if i drove it longer, i only drove it about 50 yards before pulling the relay again.

Any ideas? I took the sensors out and re-installed them just to see if it would make a difference, no luck.

Screen shot of codes attached.

Last edited by nychaze; 05-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Rock Crawling

Well this is a surprise! No picture tutorials on how to fix this one and i cant seem to find anyone that ran into a similar issue. Com'on don't fail on me now guys!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Figured it out! The abs sensor wasnt seated all the way down into the rear hub. I had slightly bent the bracket when i installed it wrong...i put the o-ring on the sensor then slipped it into the whole, it didnt go down all the way but i thought i would just tighten the allen screw holding it in and it would suck it down into place...not so, bent the bracket. I took it out bent the bracket back to a 90deg angle, put the sensor in, tightened the screw and then gave it a light tap.

No more abs codes! Couldnt be happier.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Forgot to mention, Storey Wilson at RSW Solutions was a BIG help. RSW Solutions/Storey developed the ABS amigo. I e-mailed him and didn’t have much faith in getting a response…can’t imagine how many e-mails that guy gets…but he responded back to me within an hour and helped me work through things to check. If you every have any issues with your ABS check-out his site and shout him an e-mail if you cant figure it out.

Welcome to RSW Solutions

Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got it straightened out.