Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Amigos, no codes, TCS still not engaging?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Amigos, no codes, TCS still not engaging?

Hey guys, so it's been a long couple weeks. I finally got all my issues with my SLABS cleared up, and I now have no more lights, got all codes cleared and everything seems to be good now. I decided to try out my fancy new features since my Amigos have been on since I bought the car. I go to some muddy hill I found close to my house and tried mashing the brakes. ABS seems to work well. Then I tried to climb it, numerous times it seemed one or more tires would just sit there freespinning while my Disco stopped moving, and I didn't feel any braking being applied. Also my TCS light never lit up (it lights up when it's engaging right?). The TCS lights up for self check when I first turn the car on though.

So I tried to do a more specific test. I jacked up one corner of the front axle to get the front left wheel off the ground. I then put the car in D and let it idle as well as giving it gas. The entire time that one wheel just sat there spinning, up to 20mph according to my dash. No system engaged to brake the wheel, and no TCS light lit up on my dash. Is there something I'm missing here? I assume ideally the system should stop the wheel that is off the ground from spinning?

Is there a situation in which the SLABs does not recognize any problem, yet still does not function with TCS?

Summary: Finally fixed Amigos, cleared codes, no lights on dash anymore. ABS works now, but I can still never get TCS to engage in any situation.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas? Is it possible new codes have come up since I last checked, but the error does not activate any of the three lights?