Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Filter Adapter Disco II 1999

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filter Adapter Disco II 1999

Hey there, I am having some fun chasing down the oil leaks and have run into on in particular.

I have a 1999 Disco II with 177K on the engine.

There is a part attached to the engine tha the oil filter attaches to, held on by 4 bolts. There is supposed to be an o-rung under there that helps seal.

I unbolted the 4 bolts, but cannot 'pull' off the piece, I can spin the piece counter clockwise until a face piece of the adapter interferes with the engine sump, but no more.

I connot find out how to remove this piece so I can clean/replace the leaking o-ring.

Any assistance is appreciated. Rave showed a picture of the adapter on the engine, and tells me to remove it and replace the o-ring, but how?

Thank you

Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm not sure about this particular oil filter flange because I've never had any trouble with mine but, I remember doing one on a small car at one point and I think I had to put an allen wrench inside the center of the part that the oil filter directly threads onto and turn it out, then unbolt it, then it came right off.
Like I said though, different vehicle. This one may be different.
Good Luck, I hope you get it. If it's not attached the way I've described then I'm sure someone else can give you better advise. There's got to be somebody who's done one of these here on this forum. After all Land Rovers LOVE to leak!!!