Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parrot Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by purplerover
I'm really happy with the Parrot.
Yeah..because yours is installed properly and using your factory stereo amp(s). That's a world of difference away in sound quality from an ISO pass through.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarylJ
Yeah..because yours is installed properly and using your factory stereo amp(s). That's a world of difference away in sound quality from an ISO pass through.
Funny because even though I have the annoying alternator whine at the moment, I still enjoy the sound from my stereo. I'm sure that once I cure the whine there will be no difference in sound quality than I get now from the cd's.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Drifting

Ha I just use an old cassett adapter I got back when you could get a disc man car kit if you wanted to play CDs in your car. If I get a phone call that will take a couple of minutes I pop that in the casset player and plug it into my phone and the call comes through the speakers and can set my phone up on the dash.

Done!! I call it the Parakeet Phone kit. No wiring issues, no volume issues, no alternator whine, and no extra cost to me!!

I run a Parrrot in my porsche as well. It was in when I bought it. I've had it in every company truck I've had. And never had an issue with Parrot in anything.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Davies
Funny because even though I have the annoying alternator whine at the moment, I still enjoy the sound from my stereo. I'm sure that once I cure the whine there will be no difference in sound quality than I get now from the cd's.
Good for you then.....audio quality is all relative. If its suitable for your tastes, that's great. Its your truck.

If you want to fix your whine, you'll likely have to cut the power wire to the Parrot (past the ISO connector pass through) and put a filter inline. Any decent auto stereo shop should have what you need, and it ought to be under $20.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by DarylJ
Good for you then.....audio quality is all relative. If its suitable for your tastes, that's great. Its your truck.

If you want to fix your whine, you'll likely have to cut the power wire to the Parrot (past the ISO connector pass through) and put a filter inline. Any decent auto stereo shop should have what you need, and it ought to be under $20.
Thanks for the advice. I have modified the wiring to the factory amp and the power to the parrot using a couple of relays (amongst other things) so when the parrot kicks in the power to the oem amp is cut (Had to add a quenching diode to stop the annoying 'pop' i created in error with the relays )

All good now!