Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part numbers's needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:54 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Part numbers's needed

Having one hell of a time getting afew accurate part numbers. Ebay listings are useless and not helpful and Rovers North catolog does not list the parts Im looking for. The parts in question are as follows:

1: Large plastic center console piece positioned between front seats that houses the auto shift assembly, seat/window switches and cubby. Looking for the black one, specifically looking for the black version.

2: Power window/power seat switch base and outer trim bezel. Both are plastic. The inner base piece is fastened to the above mentioned center console. The outer trim bezel attaches directly over the base piece.

3: Rubber mat that rests atop the center console. Made of rubber and is black.

I need accurate part numbers so I can add correct parts to my cart through John Craddock. Used plastic trim pieces will not satisfy me because the plastic will be aged and brittle by now. A new unit should last for another decade with care. Thanks in advance.

PS: Ebay sellers; Please consider adding correct part numbers for the LR parts you are selling. Makes the buyer's experience much easier and satisfactory plus it gives piece of mind that the seller is informative and on top of his/her/it's game. Thanks

Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

Use new.lrcat.com

sometimes after finding the part I punch it into lrdirect.com and follow the daisy chain of superceded part numbers until I finally arrive at the right one. Consider using lrdirect instead for live shipping rates and overall better prices.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:57 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
Use new.lrcat.com

sometimes after finding the part I punch it into lrdirect.com and follow the daisy chain of superceded part numbers until I finally arrive at the right one. Consider using lrdirect instead for live shipping rates and overall better prices.
Ill take a look but more than likely the parts Ill looking for will be a tad bit cheaper shipped with John Craddock. Before I can lookup anything I need the part numbers. Cant find them on ebay. The few black center console listings offered have either no part number or a bogus part number that yelds no results when I paste into google.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Why not call JC and ask for the part numbers? They speak English...

Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Are you chastising sellers on eBay for not making it easier for you to buy from another vendor outside of eBay?

It sounds like the customers who come into my wife's shop who take pictures of the merchandise she sells so they can be sure to order the right thing on Amazon.

I provide legitimate part numbers on as many of the over 600 items I have listed in my eBay and have been doing so for years. I also know that the time and effort expended on researching those numbers is no small matter and is undercut by the fact that many other sellers simply copy that part number. I also see many sellers using part numbers for the wrong item.

But, I've also seen vendors like Atlantic British have incorrect part numbers or compatibilities listed on their website. The same can be said for a variety of online new parts resources.

The bottom line is anyone looking to get the right part needs to do his or her own due diligence.

Oh, and as far as Rovers North is concerned, I remember when they stopped using genuine part numbers in their printed Series catalogues back around 2000. They started using their own part numbers because they realized in their Series catalogue they were helping their competition as much if not more than their customers. Nevertheless, if you use the RN site looking for parts, you can still see the genuine Land Rover part number up in the search window where with the URL.

Last edited by Paul Grant; 08-23-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:50 AM
TReK

From the LR microcat.

"1: Large plastic center console piece positioned between front seats that houses the auto shift assembly, seat/window switches and cubby. Looking for the black one, specifically looking for the black version."

Looks like that would be item #1 on the diagram below. The Land Rover color code suffix for "black" on these trucks is PUY. The prefix is FHS. There are many versions of the center console depending on little things like cup holder mounts, ect. The best part number for you to use would probably be FHS500170PUY but you would be wise to confirm.

"2: Power window/power seat switch base and outer trim bezel. Both are plastic. The inner base piece is fastened to the above mentioned center console. The outer trim bezel attaches directly over the base piece. "

It looks like that would be #6 and #11. Item 6 is called the Housing-tunnel console switch. The best part number I can come up with for this part is FHR100500PMA. For #11 the part number is either BTR3655 PUY or BTR3544PUY depending on whether you have heated seats or not. Again, confirm this with whomever you are placing your order.

"3: Rubber mat that rests atop the center console. Made of rubber and is black. "

That's #13 or the Mat-centre. The part numbers are either AWR3705PMA or FJL101530PMA. I usually find that the longer part number is the one that superceded the earlier one. Again, confirm with the people you are going to be spending your money with.

Attached Thumbnails Part numbers's needed-4126.gif  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:57 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by TRIARII

PS: Ebay sellers; Please consider adding correct part numbers for the LR parts you are selling. Makes the buyer's experience much easier and satisfactory plus it gives piece of mind that the seller is informative and on top of his/her/it's game. Thanks
BTW, Triar, I'm not trying to stir things up here but I'm sure you remember how we first came to know one another. You know, back when you were parting out your DI years ago. Back when you didn't even know what you were selling, frequently misidentifying parts or claiming parts were good when other threads you had created indicated otherwise? Maybe now, you have an inkling into why I had your "For Sale" threads deleted.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:17 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
BTW, Triar, I'm not trying to stir things up here but I'm sure you remember how we first came to know one another. You know, back when you were parting out your DI years ago. Back when you didn't even know what you were selling, frequently misidentifying parts or claiming parts were good when other threads you had created indicated otherwise? Maybe now, you have an inkling into why I had your "For Sale" threads deleted.
Thanks for the part number info. I found those diagrams but no links to the numbers parts. Im surprised your still worked up over **** from 2011. You really hold a grudge. Humble beginnings. In reality I was never a dedicated parts seller as you and the other guys are. Sure I misidentified afew parts I was selling, but not with the motif you are suggesting. I pulled random parts off the old girl and did my best to accurately identify them, but sometimes I could not figure out what the hell something was. Be it a big plastic black box or a abs component. I made afew hundred bugs before I scrapped the old D1 but I never screwed anyone over. I took pictures of everything I was selling and made it known the year/make and mileage of the vehicle the parts were being pulled from. if I remember right the D1 had 168k and was a 1998 in rough condition at best? Was no secret. But your welcome to keep on your little crusade

As for Ebay used parts sellers... I expect that anyone who is a dedicated year round used parts seller to be able to provide relevant accurate information on the parts they are selling. this includes specific details about the year/make/model/mileage of the vehicle the parts were pulled from and most importantly the part number. Most vehicle parts have the specific part number imprinted directly onto the part so if a seller is to lazy to locate said part number and include it in the description then there lies the problem. Furthermore if a seller is supplying the same old used parts from the same brand of vehicles for years then I expect seller to become familiar with those part numbers. Maybe create a catalog cheat sheet. the ebay sellers I was looking through have many reviews indicating that they have been in the business for awhile. No part numbers is sketchy. The only real way to ensure proper fitment of any part to a specific vehicle is via the part number.

Im aware of the URL feature on Rovers North. Thus I refer on their catalog whenever Im looking for a part number, however there have been several parts Ive needed that are not even listed in their catalog. I dont understand what you were saying regarding Rover parts vendors not using original part numbers in their item description. At least Atlantic British includes old part numbers and new part numbers if it is a case of a new part number replacing a older part number. but AB does not have a user friendly catalog system and they dont list as many parts on their site as RN.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM
TReK

Not holding a grudge, I just have a really good memory about stuff. Nevertheless, you seem to have missed my point.

I should warn you that just because you have what you think is the correct part number, it doesn't mean that is hasn't been superceded by another number.

What I don't get is if you are going to be spending your money with a vendor in the UK, why couldn't you have gotten all the information I provided you but simply giving them a call. Afterall, if you're spending your money with them, shouldn't they be providing the service, not me? If Craddock is as good as you say, a short phone call should've relieved you of any concerns about purchasing the correct parts. Shouldn't it be their job to make sure you're getting what you need?

The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 08:42 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Not holding a grudge, I just have a really good memory about stuff. Nevertheless, you seem to have missed my point.

I should warn you that just because you have what you think is the correct part number, it doesn't mean that is hasn't been superceded by another number.

What I don't get is if you are going to be spending your money with a vendor in the UK, why couldn't you have gotten all the information I provided you but simply giving them a call. Afterall, if you're spending your money with them, shouldn't they be providing the service, not me? If Craddock is as good as you say, a short phone call should've relieved you of any concerns about purchasing the correct parts. Shouldn't it be their job to make sure you're getting what you need?

Valid point. Here is why:

1: I dont have international plan on my smartphone nor can I justify upgrade purly for the sake of calling John Craddock every blue moon to ask about part numbers.

2: John Craddock appears to be busy every time I get in touch with them and it usually takes them 24 hours to get back to me even when I provide them with part numbers for the things I want to order. Asking them to identify unknown parts and or part numbers for a US spec D2 could cause a week long delay.

3: Im aware that US spec Rovers have a slightly different layout and more equipment options as standard. Thus I feel like it would be more difficult for folks in the UK to tract down specific part numbers for a US spec D2. Furthermore I feel like if I rely on a sales team across the pond to locate part numbers, there is greater chance for them to send me incorrect fitment parts. If I can locate the correct part numbers myself then any mistakes with fitment are on ME.... not John Craddock. Of course everyone makes mistakes and its possible they could accidentally send me incorrect part. Im just trying to decrease the odds. I agree with you about old part numbers being superseded by new part numbers. Least the center console pieces Im looking for are non mechanical and have not changed much.

Quick Reply: Part numbers's needed