Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part numbers's needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Come on, spill the beans. Warm beer? That's un mentionable...
No it's much more frightening than that......

Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
What on earth does this little rant of yours have to do with part numbers for a center console? Vehicle enthusiast forum is probably not the best place to discuss your sexual fetishes, political ideologies or to assign motif. Keep in mind some of us are actually in a professional setting or might have family in the room. I expected a higher level of professionalism from a sales rep of Rovers North.

My issue with Rovers North is quality control and their tendency to be a major inconvenience. There have been more than a few quality issues with your parts.

- Axle shaft seal failure x2 (Replaced professionally twice and failed both times)
- Coolant expansion tank failure (2 cracks in tank that lead to a major coolant leak this past winter in 10 degree weather)
- o2 sensor failure. (No signal from sensor)
- Abs sensor failure x2 (first sensor was included with new wheel hub, second sensor failed not long after)
- Front driveshaft premature failure (bearings gave way and created vibrations and noises while driving at low speeds)
- Possibly window motor failure (Still investigating)

All parts listed above save the front driveshaft were purchased in the same order in 2016 and were professionally installed/replaced during the engine swap. All have failed. All supplied by Rovers North. I made another big order with Atlantic British at same time and spent over $2k in parts and the only issue was with the mag ignition wires. Ive spent thousands with both companies since I aquired my first Rover (1998 D1 back in 2011). As far as I can remember there has only been one quality control issue with AB as mentioned above. So weather or not Zack Griswolds argument about US suppliers selling same brand parts is valid or not, it still does not explain the discrepancy in quality control at Rovers North. Furthermore if these suppliers are selling same brand parts then why are Rovers North retail prices higher than most other US suppliers of LR parts? I understand mistakes happen but to many mistakes with the same order is unacceptable. The coolant tank failure was the boiling point. Dam tank started gushing out coolant like a fire sprinkler at night in the dead of winter. I had to rent a dam u-haul so I could get to work the next day. Had to wait afew days after mailing out the defective tank before getting the replacement. What a pain in the *****!

Rovers North staff do not take responsibility or hold themselves accountable and for that I boycott them and will continue to advise everyone against buying from them. Rovers north =

PS:
I proudly support the following freedom fighters and free speech advocates:

- Ben Shapiro
- Lauren Southern
- Dinesh D'Souza
- Paul Joseph Watson
- Roaming Millennial
- Milo Yiannopoulos
- The Amazing Atheist/TJ Kirk
- Rebel Media
- Defend Europe
LOL, all I can do is laugh. I'm also glad you support Milo, that's very fitting for you.

As for "kids in the room", maybe people on Facebook had kids in the room while you were posting those photos? They could have been scarred!

"The coolant tank failure was the boiling point."

It was a Genuine tank, from Land Rover. The thought that you blame us for that is literally hilarious to me. The other items were aftermarket, and because you didn't want to pay for originals, you got aftermarket parts. Whether they failed because of the manufacturers, or because you can literally see through the sides of your chassis rails is beyond my knowledge.

Truthfully I personally wish every part we sold worked correctly, because everyone would be happier. However, we do not manufacture the parts and there are defects from time to time. Certainly not on the scale you're referring to, but there are issues occasionally. But again, these are almost always the same parts other suppliers(including your long distance relationship John Craddock) are using.

And finally, while I appreciate the other suppliers in the country(and the employees of them), I can assure you there is no better customer service in the industry as far as product support. We have a full time returns employee, his only job is to facilitate credits. We've taken back pretty much everything, and 99% of it is not our fault. But yes, when you receive an incorrect bumper from the UK, please post up how that goes!

Old 08-24-2017, 09:29 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
LOL, all I can do is laugh. I'm also glad you support Milo, that's very fitting for you.

As for "kids in the room", maybe people on Facebook had kids in the room while you were posting those photos? They could have been scarred!

"The coolant tank failure was the boiling point."

It was a Genuine tank, from Land Rover. The thought that you blame us for that is literally hilarious to me. The other items were aftermarket, and because you didn't want to pay for originals, you got aftermarket parts. Whether they failed because of the manufacturers, or because you can literally see through the sides of your chassis rails is beyond my knowledge.

Truthfully I personally wish every part we sold worked correctly, because everyone would be happier. However, we do not manufacture the parts and there are defects from time to time. Certainly not on the scale you're referring to, but there are issues occasionally. But again, these are almost always the same parts other suppliers(including your long distance relationship John Craddock) are using.

And finally, while I appreciate the other suppliers in the country(and the employees of them), I can assure you there is no better customer service in the industry as far as product support. We have a full time returns employee, his only job is to facilitate credits. We've taken back pretty much everything, and 99% of it is not our fault. But yes, when you receive an incorrect bumper from the UK, please post up how that goes!

Milo has great ideas and a hilarious way of expressing them that might be a bit to much for a Vermonter like yourself The one thing they all have in common is the believe in free speech and equality for all. No entitlement bull****. No "non-binary" bull****.

Facebook, youtube, twitter and patreon are run by liberal idiots who promote and practice censorship against conservatives. Im surprised you still use FB... your getting kinda old for that you have people on their posting intimate details of their day to day lives, gossiping about their work live and marriages torn completely apart over "likes". Then you have idiots who try to report your images/page under the pretense of hate speech or sexually offensive, purely because they disagree with your opinions/preferences.

I wont deny that Rovers North has good customer service, friendly staff and a better tract record for accuracy with orders (least in my case) but regardless I expect the parts I purchase to last and offer piece of mind. Yes the expansion tank was a genuine part however it had a small crack on the outside that could have been caused during shipping/handling. Be it when the part was delivered to your warehouse or perhaps on its way to my mechanics shop. We will never know but I doubt it left the LR factory with a crack in it. I did not notice the crack until after everything was installed by my mechanic and even then it was not leaking at first. But to suggest that your team has the best customer service vs other US suppliers is cocky at best. Lucky 8 appears to have more influence in the LR enthusiast community than Rovers North. Last I heard they were paying a fee to have their adds on here and they have an entire section dedicated to deals that RN does not offer. Some of their staff members are politically biased but that aside they seem to offer competitive customer service to the community. Over the phone your polite and soft but online your a dink. Your editor is pretty boss though and easy to get along with.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Camel Trophy

Milo defends pedophilia, so unless you're cool with that, you should probably drop the support.

Facebook is a platform for community, while there is liberal influence, it's because that is the majority of the users. Some people like you think liberals are idiots, and you're thankfully the minority. I'm guessing people report your images because you're crossdressing provocatively(in goth women's clothing). Nobody seems to report my images. I wouldn't say I'm getting "old" for Facebook, most people are on it in the community, young or old.

There's nothing wrong with Lucky8, they're a great company that I personally support, and have sent people to over and over again. They have a great online presence and to someone like you that doesn't understand the industry, would seem like they're "more influential" in the market. That's totally fine, and it works for them and us. They are a smaller company and fulfill a need in the industry, which is more of a focus on enthusiast/offroad/discount shoppers, etc. They do not do nearly the volume that we do, and we don't do the volume AB does. All three of the companies are well designed for their marketplace, and operate well.

Yes, our staff has political biases, as most do. Almost all of us *know* Trump is a joke, and aren't worried if you think otherwise. We're not there to answer the phone and talk politics, though, so I'm confused why you'd care? I realize that our "political bias" may offend people such as yourself.

Yes Julian, I'm the dink. Please keep tricking yourself into believing that. Even the people you support love sending me things you post because it's literally hilarious to all of us.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 PM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Julian, has anything ever been your fault? My goodness the pattern with you is so predictable. Self proclaimed inability to diagnose anything with a multimeter, throws everyone else under the bus instead. It wont be long until you are blacklisted from the UK suppliers as you are here. My advice is to drop the ego, grow up, try to learn something. Your first step for solving a problem shouldn't be to throw accusations at people who have helped you. It's asinine really.

The following 2 users liked this post by Proper4wd:
Jeff Blake (08-26-2017), ZGPhoto (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

I honestly can't believe I would side Rovers North as we all know I'm not a fan of theirs, but they sell britpart, allmakes and genuine. Just like everyone else, except they spend a little extra with one of the aftermarket vendors to box it with a house brand on it. No idea which one as it doesn't matter really. They are selling parts, offering a service and doing a good job at it.

They aren't making any parts themselves they are simply a retail vendor. So many folks seem to miss that fact lately its somewhat painful.

If something goes wrong and they stand behind it I'm not sure how much more you can ask for.

My money stays on this side of the pond unless I can't find it here. So one time in 15 years of Rover ownership.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 08-24-2017 at 10:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZGPhoto (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:22 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
But what about supporting American businesses and American jobs???
Julian hates the United States. Take one look at his other social media posts if you don't believe it.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:30 PM
TReK

Milo defends pedophilia, so unless you're cool with that, you should probably drop the support.

Facebook is a platform for community, while there is liberal influence, it's because that is the majority of the users. Some people like you think liberals are idiots, and you're thankfully the minority. I'm guessing people report your images because you're crossdressing provocatively(in goth women's clothing). Nobody seems to report my images. I wouldn't say I'm getting "old" for Facebook, most people are on it in the community, young or old.

There's nothing wrong with Lucky8, they're a great company that I personally support, and have sent people to over and over again. They have a great online presence and to someone like you that doesn't understand the industry, would seem like they're "more influential" in the market. That's totally fine, and it works for them and us. They are a smaller company and fulfill a need in the industry, which is more of a focus on enthusiast/offroad/discount shoppers, etc. They do not do nearly the volume that we do, and we don't do the volume AB does. All three of the companies are well designed for their marketplace, and operate well.

Yes, our staff has political biases, as most do. Almost all of us *know* Trump is a joke, and aren't worried if you think otherwise. We're not there to answer the phone and talk politics, though, so I'm confused why you'd care? I realize that our "political bias" may offend people such as yourself.

Yes Julian, I'm the dink. Please keep tricking yourself into believing that. Even the people you support love sending me things you post because it's literally hilarious to all of us.
"There’s a video going around that purports to show me saying anti-semitic things (nope) and advocating for pedophilia (big nope). The shocking thing? It’s Republicans doing it. Sad to see establishment types collapse into the same tactics as social justice warriors: name calling, deceptively edited videos, confected moral outrage and public shaming. This is why they deserve to burn — and why they are burning. Here’s how I actually feel about pedophilia, which you’d know if you’d actually watched or read anything I’ve ever done. Or, you know, if you had two brain cells to rub together. There’s only one appropriate response to this sort of behavior, and it’s a gigantic F**K YOU!"

Milo

By the way not that we on the subject of pedophilia why dont we examine the gay pride parades being held around the world. Why are children being exposed to naked adult genitalia and men in sex suits tied to chains? Why are children being used to promote ideologies for which they are to young to understand? Warning: The video below is disturbing.

The reason I dont read newspapers or watch any news programs anymore is because they fill our heads with nonsense, lies, politically bias bull**** and encourage mass hysteria. Women on their knees crying because they honestly believe that Trump is going to strip women of their rights and make it legal for men to sexually assault women thank the media and ****ty journalists for creating that pandemic.the other big lie being spread around by the media is that Trump is going to have all immigrants deported. Then theirs the whole "Russia hacked the US elections" bull****. The problem with people today is that they read a headline and without reading the entire article go out on a rampage without verifying the facts for themselves. Evidence means nothing today. Journalists do a ****ty job reporting and most people get their news from facebook posts. If you believe the lot of that **** then your a dam fool. If you dont have the mind to research those claims for yourself and get the whole story then your a dam fool.

Recently NBC interviewed Vladimir Putin and asked him about the claims of Russians hacking the elections. The interview was 20 minutes long but NBC cut it down to 11 minutes and edited out all the important bits prior to airing on TV. Fortunately the full version leaked:

The irony is that you guys preach about diversity, tolerance, respect and equality but then you are quick to point the finger at your opponents who have a difference in opinion or interests and label them a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobic, islamophobic, ****, facist, communist yada yada yada. Its also notable how you guys do anything in your power to try and discredit your opponents. In school I was the goth kid who did my own thing and gave zero ****s what anyone thought. I had a makeup box, platform boots, combat boots, leather paints, fishnet shirts, spikes, pvc suits, multi-colored spiked hair, hell even did a drag queen phase after watching Rocky Horror Picture Show. For me it was all about being a rebel, being a individual and not caring what idiots think. I had the ***** to walk around like that giving hippies and jocks the finger. Part of my development. Must have done something right because I never got into drugs, alcohol or got in trouble with the law. Today Ive toned down the look (but not the music ) and travel around the country working awesome jobs and taking beautiful pictures and living a more sustainable lifestyle without the restrictions that bind most people today. Im pretty open about my drag queen days despite your efforts to shame me reality is you got no ***** man and you spend to much time worrying about fitting into a society of conformity. You guys are like mindless sheep. Look, act, walk and think identical. Afraid of anything that you cannot understand. Afraid of things that go bump in the night. I mean who knows..... I might have fangs and hell bent of sucking the blood out of your living corpse TOOO FUNNY. I respect anyone who has the ***** to be themselves, speak their mind and stand up against the majority. Be it Milo, Ben or any your everyday goth. I also find it funny how quick you assume who someone voted for. Turns out I did not vote for anyone! Why? Because I dont believe in democracy or voting. People vote for the wrong reasons. People vote for someone based on the color of their skin or their sex, not because that candidate has a great policy. People can also be paid to vote for candidates. Its bull****. The system of voting is corrupt and improper. Consequently we have a long chain of bad rulers. But as Putin pointed out in his interview with NBC... it does not make a difference who is voted into office because US policy does not change. Same agenda different leader.

Last edited by TRIARII; 08-24-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by TRIARII
In school I was the goth kid who did my own thing and gave zero ****s what anyone thought. I had a makeup box, platform boots, combat boots, leather paints, fishnet shirts, spikes, pvc suits, multi-colored spiked hair, hell even did a drag queen phase after watching Rocky Horror Picture Show. For me it was all about being a rebel, being a individual and not caring what idiots think. I had the ***** to walk around like that giving hippies and jocks the finger.
I respect anyone who has the ***** to be themselves, speak their mind and stand up against the majority. Be it Milo, Ben or any your everyday goth.
Lol...enough said I suppose. I am myself, I'm not conforming. I'm a firm believer in the practices that I preach, and I'm not lying to myself. You like girl's goth clothes, that's cool, I like normal clothes. Whatever floats your boat. I never posted the photos on here, but you're welcome to if you're "that rebellious" and not ashamed.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:40 PM
TReK

Lol...enough said I suppose. I am myself, I'm not conforming. I'm a firm believer in the practices that I preach, and I'm not lying to myself. You like girl's goth clothes, that's cool, I like normal clothes. Whatever floats your boat. I never posted the photos on here, but you're welcome to if you're "that rebellious" and not ashamed.
Zack.... do you belong to Antifa?

Quick Reply: Part numbers's needed