Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part numbers's needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:45 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Sounds to me like you should be buying from part sellers in the US what with all the pitfalls you've just listed. I'd be shocked that the folks at Rovers North couldn't help you with what you need. Perhaps at a greater cost but with a certain degree of risk eliminated for that cost. Besides, you'd be helping to keep Americans employed.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Sounds to me like you should be buying from part sellers in the US what with all the pitfalls you've just listed. I'd be shocked that the folks at Rovers North couldn't help you with what you need. Perhaps at a greater cost but with a certain degree of risk eliminated for that cost. Besides, you'd be helping to keep Americans employed.
We can, and have, at discounted prices. Julian had bad luck with parts a few times and blamed it on us, because apparently we make the parts. Apparently the support he received was not sufficient, so he went to because he saves some money. I'm sure he'll be happily surprised when the center console is likely NLA and he can spend it on lug nuts that he somehow destroys on trails.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 PM
TReK

But what about supporting American businesses and American jobs???

Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

As you probably don't know him personally, Julian has some odd fetish with the UK. Rovers, wanting a UK wife, wanting to move to the UK, etc. Also other things that I wouldn't post here, but I'll leave it up to your imagination. He isn't interested in US business, just saving money.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:40 PM
TReK

Hmmm. That British fixation may explain his penchant for posting those Paul Joseph Watson videos awhile back. Too bad we couldn't turn him on to more suitable great minds like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins or Stephen Hawkings.

The following users liked this post:
ZGPhoto (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Valid point. Here is why:

1: I dont have international plan on my smartphone nor can I justify upgrade purly for the sake of calling John Craddock every blue moon to ask about part numbers
You can use a number of apps that allow Int phone calls via wifi. Also international calling cards are dirt cheap.

but, whatever you do, please keep posting of your adventures. Your posts have become most entertaining. I go to the build threads section on the regular hoping to see what you are up to.

The following users liked this post:
ZGPhoto (08-23-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 06:30 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
We can, and have, at discounted prices. Julian had bad luck with parts a few times and blamed it on us, because apparently we make the parts. Apparently the support he received was not sufficient, so he went to because he saves some money. I'm sure he'll be happily surprised when the center console is likely NLA and he can spend it on lug nuts that he somehow destroys on trails.
I read the thread about the window regulator assembly. Do you think he destroyed his center console and window switch assembly trying to troubleshoot the bad motor? It's funny, I've got the parts he's looking for but he won't buy used and I wouldn't sell to him even if he did because of his childlike whinging. I've seen him b*#tch about AB and RN's over the years. Too bad he's too young to know about places like British Bulldog in RI (ask Mark, Arthur or Les). Now they really had awful customer service. It's no wonder he has to buy from the UK, who would want to put up with such an insipid twit.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Also other things that I wouldn't post here, but I'll leave it up to your imagination.
Come on, spill the beans. Warm beer? That's un mentionable...

Old 08-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff blake
use new.lrcat.com

sometimes after finding the part i punch it into lrdirect.com and follow the daisy chain of superceded part numbers until i finally arrive at the right one. Consider using lrdirect instead for live shipping rates and overall better prices.
x1 ...........

Old 08-24-2017, 07:58 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

As you probably don't know him personally, Julian has some odd fetish with the UK. Rovers, wanting a UK wife, wanting to move to the UK, etc. Also other things that I wouldn't post here, but I'll leave it up to your imagination. He isn't interested in US business, just saving money.
What on earth does this little rant of yours have to do with part numbers for a center console? Vehicle enthusiast forum is probably not the best place to discuss your sexual fetishes, political ideologies or to assign motif. Keep in mind some of us are actually in a professional setting or might have family in the room. I expected a higher level of professionalism from a sales rep of Rovers North.

My issue with Rovers North is quality control and their tendency to be a major inconvenience. There have been more than a few quality issues with your parts.

- Axle shaft seal failure x2 (Replaced professionally twice and failed both times)
- Coolant expansion tank failure (2 cracks in tank that lead to a major coolant leak this past winter in 10 degree weather)
- o2 sensor failure. (No signal from sensor)
- Abs sensor failure x2 (first sensor was included with new wheel hub, second sensor failed not long after)
- Front driveshaft premature failure (bearings gave way and created vibrations and noises while driving at low speeds)
- Possibly window motor failure (Still investigating)

All parts listed above save the front driveshaft were purchased in the same order in 2016 and were professionally installed/replaced during the engine swap. All have failed. All supplied by Rovers North. I made another big order with Atlantic British at same time and spent over $2k in parts and the only issue was with the mag ignition wires. Ive spent thousands with both companies since I aquired my first Rover (1998 D1 back in 2011). As far as I can remember there has only been one quality control issue with AB as mentioned above. So weather or not Zack Griswolds argument about US suppliers selling same brand parts is valid or not, it still does not explain the discrepancy in quality control at Rovers North. Furthermore if these suppliers are selling same brand parts then why are Rovers North retail prices higher than most other US suppliers of LR parts? I understand mistakes happen but to many mistakes with the same order is unacceptable. The coolant tank failure was the boiling point. Dam tank started gushing out coolant like a fire sprinkler at night in the dead of winter. I had to rent a dam u-haul so I could get to work the next day. Had to wait afew days after mailing out the defective tank before getting the replacement. What a pain in the *****!

Rovers North staff do not take responsibility or hold themselves accountable and for that I boycott them and will continue to advise everyone against buying from them. Rovers north =

PS:
I proudly support the following freedom fighters and free speech advocates:

- Ben Shapiro
- Lauren Southern
- Dinesh D'Souza
- Paul Joseph Watson
- Roaming Millennial
- Milo Yiannopoulos
- The Amazing Atheist/TJ Kirk
- Rebel Media
- Defend Europe

Last edited by TRIARII; 08-24-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Part numbers's needed