Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProShaft / Dynamic Drive Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I agree with Tom ^^,
my understanding...the dd company was left in the hands of the guy that did self-serving under the table dealings, while the dd owner was overseas. this new proxy put his own sticker on this product and made deals for a more personal gain. I dunno about any quality control or changes of the product during this time.....maybe, maybe not. I do know that if someone stole/weaseled a product from me, then sold it (by whatever means, through whatever source), I would have a hard time warrantying that product to the end consumer.

But all that understanding is gathered from following this forum. I could be way off, as far as I know, most of you could be elderly women, driving a sportage with land rover stickers on it.

it does suck that the life span of your product was short lived, but I think we have gathered this little tidbit of knowledge "never let another man handle your shaft." at the very least, people could get the wrong impression.

Last edited by dusty1; 04-03-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my understanding, Ted with Dynamic Driveline came onto this forum explaining the situation with Justing and then took on responsibility for any "proshaft" driveshafts sold claiming that they were actually Dynamic Driveline built driveshafts.
Ted stood behind is products.
I tried to find some sort of compromise with Tommy @ DD with my situation by offering to buy the replacement part if they would pay for shipping and I would then have the shaft repaired here locally but not even that was a solution for them.
As I said before, take my experience with them into consideration before purchasing one of their Drive shafts. There are others here in the forum with similar concerns. I would either rebuild the original drive shaft as suggested if one is not doing any hardcore offroading of to purchase a shaft from a more reputable business of which a couple business names have been given here in the forums previously.
Tommy @ Dynamic kept "forgetting" to talk with Ted about my situation and it took over 2 weeks to finally get an answer from him. How is the for customer service!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

So I will apologize and take back all my comments about Dynamic Driveline for not taking on the issues I have had with my front driveshaft previously bought from Proshaft. It would have been nice if Dynamic told me right from the start that there was nothing they could do. I hope that Dynamic is aware that Proshaft is still operating so that they can deflect peoples concerns with Proshaft to them directly.

In reading past threads I was under the assumption that Ted from Dynamic Driveline was taking responsibility for the drive shafts that Justin sold as they were coming from Ted's inventory / business.

As it turns out Justin is still doing business as Proshaft which was brought to my attention by Discoverer5's comment here in this tread. I contacted Proshaft via Ebay and Justin replied back promptly stating that he had a bad run of the centering flange from the manufactuer who was making them and he will warranty the shaft by sending me out a new shaft before receiving the old one.

I am not totally keen on getting another Proshaft but it is better than not having anything done in terms of warranty. I did have a local driveline shop have a look at the proshaft when I first got it but this time around I will pay to have the local shop test the drive shaft.

Anyone who purchsed a Proshaft front drive shaft within the 12 - 24 months should contact Proshaft in regards to this issue of a bad centering flange. Justin has the same number as before or you can find him selling shafts on Ebay.

I will request that this whole thread be deleted with the new information that I have come accross in a couple of days so that other can read this comment.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

Agreed, please remove this thread. I have a DD shaft and Tommy was awesome throughout the entire transaction. My DD shaft has been great, not a hint of vibration. Even @ 90mph!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
I could be way off, as far as I know, most of you could be elderly women, driving a sportage with land rover stickers on it.
DUDE! How did you know??? That's it, I'm going shopping for a new handbag...

SuperSport's REAL Identity:

Attached Thumbnails ProShaft / Dynamic Drive Line-supersportrealidentity.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

i knew it!
sexy selfy, too.
"how you doing?"

Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
i knew it!
sexy selfy, too.
"how you doing?"
Joey! Is that you? I be doin' fine! Got my kankles massaged today and now I'm feelin' sexy...

EDIT: What was this thread about again???