Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quest Off-Road in Corning NY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Let’s see some pictures of the awesome work they did Thunder Tank.

Hey ArmyRover....heres some in process shots of the engine rebuild. I really am scratching my head on all the negative reviews.....Quest has been great. Did you have a negative experience?

Old 03-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by ThunderTank
So what happened exactly, and where is this email chain?
Where is the email chain? In cyberspace. Where are the pics and proof of your LR work?

Old 03-12-2020, 04:01 PM
Overlanding

Hey my friend, I have. Couldn't be happier. I think the majority of the bad reviews were from people who wanted a 20k rig, for 7k, and wanted it done fast. Lofty goals, versus the harsh reality of Land Rover ownership costs get people salty, and Quest Off Road took some heat that wasn't deserved. At least, that's what it seems like. My experience couldn't have gone smoother, plus, Jason was super happy to give discounts for cash payments, and encouraged me to find my own parts (roof lights, high lift jack, etc) so i wouldn't incur any of his shops charges on sourcing them. He also steered me away from some VERY expensive build options, that a dishonest shop would have pushed me towards.
its quite funny that I have seen Jason’s posts online replying to the many complaints mentioning the “$20k for a $7k rig” excuse. This is definitely Jason posting.

Cant wait to see proof of this rebuild before and after. Very exciting! Has anyone mentioned his extensive criminal record that includes stalking, a DUI and falsifying business records? His criminal record shows that he’s a fraudster and no one has posted online any proof of a competent LR rebuild. All that’s posted are from the people hes friends with, his employees or himself or his wife (the owner).

Old 03-12-2020, 04:26 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
its quite funny that I have seen Jason’s posts online replying to the many complaints mentioning the “$20k for a $7k rig” excuse. This is definitely Jason posting.

Cant wait to see proof of this rebuild before and after. Very exciting! Has anyone mentioned his extensive criminal record that includes stalking, a DUI and falsifying business records? His criminal record shows that he’s a fraudster and no one has posted online any proof of a competent LR rebuild. All that’s posted are from the people hes friends with, his employees or himself or his wife (the owner).

Guys, what's the deal here? I'm a new arrival to the Land Rover club, really enjoying the supportive community (up until now), and simply commenting on a thread. HankScorpio, I have also seen those replies, and since I've had nothing but a positive experience, I'm simply re-quoting them as the reason I suspect that one individual was unhappy. As far as the criminal stuff goes, I have no comment. The guy did a great job on my rig, beyond that, his past isnt any of my concern. What's with the vitriol? What about your specific experiences were so bad, and if they were so bad, have you sought any legal action? Any recourse? Truly curious.

Old 03-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Overlanding

I also posted some before and after photos here, not sure why they havent uploaded yet..?

Old 03-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Overlanding

I also posted some before and after photos here, not sure why they havent uploaded yet..?
you can post all your proof on anonyimg by uploading images and post the links. Easy enough. Go google him and his business and read away. Until you post your proof your words are worthless. Believe me, after what he did to my Disco its laughable that you have such praise for this hack. Proof or you are full of it.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

keep it civil gents

To your question a gentleman I have known for many years had issues with the shop in question and his word is beyond reproach with me so I am inclined to accept that as fact.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:24 PM
Overlanding

you can post all your proof on anonyimg by uploading images and post the links. Easy enough. Go google him and his business and read away. Until you post your proof your words are worthless. Believe me, after what he did to my Disco its laughable that you have such praise for this hack. Proof or you are full of it.
I've read over it. Unfortunate that people have had negative experiences, but that wasnt mine. I dont know you, or your disco, so what's laughable about my individual experience? I just stopped by as a new Rover enthusiast, who felt like I got a good deal on my repairs, and was simply sharing my story.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
keep it civil gents

To your question a gentleman I have known for many years had issues with the shop in question and his word is beyond reproach with me so I am inclined to accept that as fact.
Would you share his experience? Is it bad engine rebuilds? In looking through the negative reviews its hard to ascertain what the exact issues are.

Old 03-13-2020, 02:08 AM
Overlanding

I've read over it. Unfortunate that people have had negative experiences, but that wasnt mine. I dont know you, or your disco, so what's laughable about my individual experience? I just stopped by as a new Rover enthusiast, who felt like I got a good deal on my repairs, and was simply sharing my story.
Like I said: proof it or you’re full of it. It’s very simple. Prove it. Everyone knows that he’s not a LR rebuilder. He’s changed his biz name multiple times. LR guys don’t come out of nowhere. He’s had so many complaints. Prove your good experience. Please. Thanks

Quick Reply: Quest Off-Road in Corning NY?