Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quest Off-Road in Corning NY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 02:09 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderTank
Would you share his experience? Is it bad engine rebuilds? In looking through the negative reviews its hard to ascertain what the exact issues are.
Jason’s staying up late... go get some sleep

Old 03-13-2020, 02:23 AM
Overlanding

Hey ArmyRover....heres some in process shots of the engine rebuild. I really am scratching my head on all the negative reviews.....Quest has been great. Did you have a negative experience?
LOL. Clearly a Quest person. Your approach is very telling. No proof in those pics. They don’t show anything real. Prove your build. No one’s that stupid pal.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:33 AM
Overlanding

Hey my friend, I have. Couldn't be happier. I think the majority of the bad reviews were from people who wanted a 20k rig, for 7k, and wanted it done fast. Lofty goals, versus the harsh reality of Land Rover ownership costs get people salty, and Quest Off Road took some heat that wasn't deserved. At least, that's what it seems like. My experience couldn't have gone smoother, plus, Jason was super happy to give discounts for cash payments, and encouraged me to find my own parts (roof lights, high lift jack, etc) so i wouldn't incur any of his shops charges on sourcing them. He also steered me away from some VERY expensive build options, that a dishonest shop would have pushed me towards.
its interesting that you claim to be a new LR enthusiast in your post yet you seem to know enough to say that it seems that most people wanted a $20k rig for $7k and done fast and thats its “Lofty goals, versus the harsh reality of Land Rover ownership costs get people salty”. What kind of new
LR enthusiast says that or even knows that? Its so clear that this was type by someone who owns this business. Later on your non confrontational posts are telling after you posted something like this that is so direct. You are talking rebuild numbers like you know LRs and arent a new enthusiast... what experience do you have if you are a new enthusiast but others dont understand the “harsh reality of Land Rover ownership costs get people salty.” Sorry you just aren’t very bright. Then posting pics from inside
of Quest. 🤦‍♂️

Old 03-13-2020, 03:40 AM
Overlanding

I've read over it. Unfortunate that people have had negative experiences, but that wasnt mine. I dont know you, or your disco, so what's laughable about my individual experience? I just stopped by as a new Rover enthusiast, who felt like I got a good deal on my repairs, and was simply sharing my story.
what is laughable if your individual experience is
made up. A new LR enthusiast who feels like
he got a good deal on his repairs... what do you actually know? Thats laughable.

Someone out there owns questoffroad4x4.com and is going to post all of the proof of his scams from over 10 victims. it will make it nice and easy to expose his garbage and inform consumers. Jason has been known to curse out customers and
get aggressive on the phone. No one in his town has anything good to say about him. Sucks to suck

Old 03-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

For whatever it's worth, the truck that ThunderTank (Jason?) posted is currently for sale in Boston. 147k miles for $7500. Doesn't seem like the actual owner is posting here. Link and screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6068689374496/

Seller's description
This truck takes me on a 1000 mile roadtrip once a month, with zero issues. super capable. super comfortable. Located in Boston -Big HanKook DynaPro MT tires on 18 inch Rover rims. -Old man ENU 3 inch lift -TerraFirma shocks/springs -ARB front winch bumper with aux lights. -Highlift jack mounted to ARB bumper. -Custom installed Tree Guards from Rovers North -Tow package -Cold weather package. Heated front and rear windshields, heated leather seats. -Original Safety Crew Roof rack. You can stand on it. Originally a $2200 option -Rear ladder mounted to rack -6 Custom wired Hella lights in the front, 2 LED lights in the rear, attached to custom mounted interior "flip and toggle" switches. -Fog lights -PERFECT black leather interior, flawless. - $ 4k sound system, with bluetooth, custom sub, upgraded speakers, and touch screen Pioneer head unit. -2x custom installed USB ports -Back up camera and sensors Every button, switch, window, door, latch, and lid, works perfectly.

Last edited by boston4; 03-13-2020 at 10:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HankScorpio (03-18-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:08 AM
TReK
Received 769 Likes on 637 Posts

And the really notable omission from that description? That it has a rebuilt engine. Someone who's really happy with a rebuild -- recent or not -- isn't going to leave that out.

The following 3 users liked this post by mollusc:
HankScorpio (03-18-2020), OverRover (03-13-2020), whowa004 (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:50 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

A minor point but how do you have an old man ENU (sic) 3" lift with Terrafirma springs and shocks?

HankScorpio (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 12:08 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mollusc
And the really notable omission from that description? That it has a rebuilt engine. Someone who's really happy with a rebuild -- recent or not -- isn't going to leave that out.
Amazing

Old 03-13-2020, 12:13 PM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
Very true.
But at least they did take the effort to point out the cheap $2 ebay toggle switches.

6 Custom wired Hella lights in the front, 2 LED lights in the rear, attached to custom mounted interior "flip and toggle" switches.

HankScorpio (03-18-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 01:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 212 Likes on 139 Posts

This truck has been floating around on Craigslist for a while.

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ct...091367173.html

Never heard of Quest off road until I saw it mentioned in link above.

Last edited by zski128; 03-13-2020 at 01:53 PM.
HankScorpio (03-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Quest Off-Road in Corning NY?