Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quest Off-Road in Corning NY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderTank
Nope, that's my truck. I was going to sell it when i found a green one i liked better, then the heater stopped working at idle, I brought it in to J. Whites automotive, hoping it was something cheap... and found out the system was full of K Stop, the head-gaskets were most likely heating, etc, etc....This started the whole stressful ordeal where i got quoted around 20k for an engine rebuild and various other things it needed....and that's where i came in with my original post to this thread. You're all welcome to call J. Whites in Framingham, (508) 872-4752, and ask about the silver 2003 that Elias brought in. I ended up posting the whole ordeal on FB, Jason reached out to me, and it's been a streamlined process, ever since. I have no wish to fight anybody here, and the aggression against me, especially from HankScorpio, is unwarranted. HankScorpio, I don't know what sort of bug got under your bonnet, but if you're really having this much of a temper tantrum, calling people liars, accusing them of posing as other people, etc, then this has gone to your head, and you need some help. Take 1/10th of the energy you're spending attacking me, and go to small claims court. If you have such a cut and dry case against Quest, then i'm sure you'll easily win the case. Stalking people on this forum, isn't an effective use of your time.
Hilarious. Small claims court won’t cut it or id have 100% gone there. Believe me. You don’t seem to grasp the concept of Quest having so many angry customers that they ripped off. It’s really bad. I haven’t found one happy customer and that is why I truly believe you are full of it. He is a known hack and scammer. I think you are the one who needs help popping up on a LR forum who is a new enthusiast and praising a notorious shop run by a fake LR tech. Have you looked at their Facebook posts.. scroll down to (I think May’s posts) where Joshua Primrose posted the garbage work they did on his LR. Its bad. There’s a lot more of me who are angry and out anywhere from $5-10k+. And again, your excuse in the start is Jason sounding - $20k for a $7k rig with lofty expectations. Everyone he ripped off he promised them a full rebuild and their rig lasting long.. basically he will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your vehicle in his shop. Have you seen his page on ripoffreport.com?

Old 03-13-2020, 06:31 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
Hilarious. Small claims court won’t cut it or id have 100% gone there. Believe me. You don’t seem to grasp the concept of Quest having so many angry customers that they ripped off. It’s really bad. I haven’t found one happy customer and that is why I truly believe you are full of it. He is a known hack and scammer. I think you are the one who needs help popping up on a LR forum who is a new enthusiast and praising a notorious shop run by a fake LR tech. Have you looked at their Facebook posts.. scroll down to (I think May’s posts) where Joshua Primrose posted the garbage work they did on his LR. Its bad. There’s a lot more of me who are angry and out anywhere from $5-10k+. And again, your excuse in the start is Jason sounding - $20k for a $7k rig with lofty expectations. Everyone he ripped off he promised them a full rebuild and their rig lasting long.. basically he will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your vehicle in his shop. Have you seen his page on ripoffreport.com?
I did see the page, and Jason's response. Seems like it was a guy who had the truck, and liked it fine for a year, then 2 weeks before the warranty was up he had engine problems and was upset that Quest wouldn't cover the towing. That seems like the entire crux of the complaint, which is odd, as towing is explicilty not covered in Quests warranty. I'm not disputing that people have had negative experiences, but I wasn't one of them.

You saying "I haven’t found one happy customer and that is why I truly believe you are full of it" is like saying "I haven't seen the earth from space, so I KNOW it's flat" or "I've never seen an atom with my own eyes, so they don't exist" The world is a big place Hank, and nobody is privy to all of the information. And why won't small claims court cut it? If you've been so severely wronged that it's brought you to this place of outrage, then it must be for good reason, and any logical judge would side with you. What exactly happened to leave such a bad taste in your mouth?

And finally, does Jason have the market cornered on saying that people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to what a fully built landrover costs? Nobody else in the world has ever had a lofty goal, that was shattered by reality? These are obviously rhetorical questions, as my ENTIRE landrover experience thus far, and I would assume most other peoples, are fundamentally grounded in that dissonance. When i told people I was buying a landrover EVERYONE told me not to...but i thought i would be the ONE guy who found a unicorn, for short money, that wouldn't need any work, and then of course was shocked when GASP, it turned out to be a Landrover: Iconic, amazing, capable, but a huge, expensive pain in the ***. I was then further shocked when i got quoted huge repair estimates, that i thought MUST be inflated, only to find out they were completely reasonable. This entire process has been one big "I thought i was getting something amazing for 7k, but it turned out I had to put 10k plus into it, to get the vehicle i initially thought i was getting." adventure.

I love this truck, but i should have gotten a Subaru, put a lift on it, and made my life infinitely simpler.

Last edited by ThunderTank; 03-13-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Overlanding

I did see the page, and Jason's response. Seems like it was a guy who had the truck, and liked it fine for a year, then 2 weeks before the warranty was up he had engine problems and was upset that Quest wouldn't cover the towing. That seems like the entire crux of the complaint, which is odd, as towing is explicilty not covered in Quests warranty. I'm not disputing that people have had negative experiences, but I wasn't one of them.

You saying "I haven’t found one happy customer and that is why I truly believe you are full of it" is like saying "I haven't seen the earth from space, so I KNOW it's flat" or "I've never seen an atom with my own eyes, so they don't exist" The world is a big place Hank, and nobody is privy to all of the information. And why won't small claims court cut it? If you've been so severely wronged that it's brought you to this place of outrage, then it must be for good reason, and any logical judge would side with you. What exactly happened to leave such a bad taste in your mouth?

And finally, does Jason have the market cornered on saying that people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to what a fully built landrover costs? Nobody else in the world has ever had a lofty goal, that was shattered by reality? These are obviously rhetorical questions, as my ENTIRE landrover experience thus far, and I would assume most other peoples, are fundamentally grounded in that dissonance. When i told people I was buying a landrover EVERYONE told me not to...but i thought i would be the ONE guy who found a unicorn, for short money, that wouldn't need any work, and then of course was shocked when GASP, it turned out to be a Landrover: Iconic, amazing, capable, but a huge, expensive pain in the ***. I was then further shocked when i got quoted huge repair estimates, that i thought MUST be inflated, only to find out they were completely reasonable. This entire process has been one big "I thought i was getting something amazing for 7k, but it turned out I had to put 10k plus into it, to get the vehicle i initially thought i was getting." adventure.

I love this truck, but i should have gotten a Subaru, put a lift on it, and made my life infinitely simpler.
small claims is a $5k limit. If you’re above $5k small claims wont cut it bud. It’s interesting you are questioning the amount of time I am/have been putting into it while you have as well. Anyway, where’s your invoice Elias? I would love to see it

Old 03-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
small claims is a $5k limit. If you’re above $5k small claims wont cut it bud. It’s interesting you are questioning the amount of time I am/have been putting into it while you have as well. Anyway, where’s your invoice Elias? I would love to see it
What's interesting? It's hard to follow what you're saying....And if small claims wont cut it, hire a lawyer. I had a shop put diesel in my gas tank once. They wouldn't take responsibility for it. Hired a lawyer, got the security tapes, got a full settlement plus damages. I suggest you do the same instead of haunting the forums and harassing people with grammatically disastrous rants, personal attacks, and irate challenges to post thier personal information.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:44 PM
Overlanding

What's interesting? It's hard to follow what you're saying....And if small claims wont cut it, hire a lawyer. I had a shop put diesel in my gas tank once. They wouldn't take responsibility for it. Hired a lawyer, got the security tapes, got a full settlement plus damages. I suggest you do the same instead of haunting the forums and harassing people with grammatically disastrous rants, personal attacks, and irate challenges to post thier personal information.
Lol. Yea you are being stalked on a forum. Your buddy is convicted of actual stalking. Id love to see your receipt.. where is it? C’mon Elias. You are such a bright guy. I’d suggest you post your receipt or else its BS. I’m done here. It is just funny. Some “new LR enthusiast” is pimping a known disaster of a LR repair shop and using the same excuses as Jason. Post invoice and more proof. Why wouldn’t you? It’s that easy to prove me wrong!