Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the 2wd to 4wd adapter? and some other thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I got what you were saying now OKDguy, sorry for the confusion on my part.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:51 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by polar
Evidently leave good enough alone,alone. I thought it seem alittle Odd.

Trust me I f I wanted to save on Gas I would not Own A Disco.

I found a Used 2004 Linkage/shifter so the motor actuator is out.

I was talking to a tranny shop about the trutracs, they recommended that I have a shop do the diff swaps,seems there maybe some backlash issues if I do not shim it properly. I was thinking I could Just swap them out in the garage.

Why not listen to the guys that actually designed these things instead of a transmission shop that doesn't know a land rover from a land cruiser and spend the money on off road driving lessons.

Sorry but all this talk about so called improving your vehicle is pure commercial bull**** if you don't learn how to drive your vehicle offroad correctly first. I mean Land Rover only goes everywhere and was the vehicle of choice of the Camel trophy events. We have fully staffed schools that can train you to drive your land rover regardless of year. Yet the lot of you watch Spike TV's 4x4 extreme and assume that to go offroad you need a lift kit to the sky and big tires. Fat Chance, a bigger brain goes alot further then then big tires and lift.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but a bigger brain with bigger tires will get your fatter head over bigger pebbles.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Thanks for the Advice Rovin4life. I have Had my Discovery for 21 Months now, I have also been in and out of Wheeling groups for the past 10 years. I know exactly what this Disco will do and the Proposed Upgrades specially the CDL are Needed in my Opinion. Obviously the front and rear LSD truetracs are a debatable Issue. The Case will be here on Tues so by the end of the week I will have it installed. I will take it out as Spike Suggested and get a Feel for the Difference.

I am Sure I could Always Learn more About driving on the Trail, But as some may Know it is Hard to Teach an old dog new tricks.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The CDl with traction control will be a lot better for you. I don't agree with the above post. Depending on what you are doing. No amount of driving skill will get you out of a situation where you need 2 wheels off the ground to cross with nothing to lock.

But you should send the Diffs out to get installed correctly or you will be pulling your hair out. Air lockers are easier, but tru tracks need to be done right. The tru tracks will lock up nicely with the traction control. I think DiscoMike is running them in the front and he likes them