Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"This truck has become a family member... it is the closest thing to a living thing I have yet found in a vehicle. Everything else is soulless... "

Well, the ones I own i dont consider family...I think of them like hookers...when they dont cause you problems , i am fond of them...when they misbehave..well , I need to beat the crap out of them...and when they make me money......money...opps they dont do that......what kind of pimp am I ? I need to find a new profession....

they may have soul's but they are black....

Old 08-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Life's a journey... get a Disco and enjoy the trip.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I think of them like hookers..." I think this is a bit extreme, maybe a bit ill conceived. but...

Family can be flawed too.

Sorry to be so long winded... I just like my truck. I use for my bussiness so repairs are tax deductable... I don't have much to complain about.

Last edited by ScottDresler.; 08-16-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's refreshing to hear from people on this forum that actually LIKE their Disco's like I like mine.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Mudding

I love this thread to confirm, I did not mean that my disco handles well, as lordmorpheus has said. I meant that it handles the role of transportation well. And vandev the diesel looks like a sweet idea on paper but expensive bro, very expensive, you could probably build a bullet proof 4.6 for your 04 for that same amount of money and it would literally bolt right up.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
This thread is exactly why I own a DI.
Over 3 years and over 40,000 miles and only $1500 in repairs.
And never once not made it home under her own power.
Threads like this make me wonder how I got so lucky with my DII.
3 years 30k miles and $900 in repairs.
The only time it broke down was in my neighborhood (Crank position sensor first month of ownership)

I don't think thread really has anything to do with DI vs. DII. Even if it was, 90% of the negativity in this thread came from ONE poster who happens to have bought (whats sounds to me like) a lemon.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default you are right

Originally Posted by timdunbar
I love this thread to confirm, I did not mean that my disco handles well, as lordmorpheus has said. I meant that it handles the role of transportation well. And vandev the diesel looks like a sweet idea on paper but expensive bro, very expensive, you could probably build a bullet proof 4.6 for your 04 for that same amount of money and it would literally bolt right up.

Well, my skateboard transports me also..... Diesel is expensive as it seems everything is on a DII.... well any new year rover.....The TD5 i could do for just about 10k with me and a friend doing the work. i can do a DI with a TDI 300 for half that... Thats what i am going to do... I am in the middle of my engine rebuild right now and if i really wanted to make it bullet proof i would put a 3.9 top on the 4.6 block and get rid of the computers....and that again would be very time consuming...I really dont think 12 mpg is great transpertation these days..it's about hummer embarrasing...

Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by vandev
..it's about hummer embarrasing...
I've never had a embarrassing one...

Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

I was waiting for a comment like that...

Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
4wd Low
Default Disco teck.

I like the idea of converting to diesel. My friend frank is just finishing up his project... seams to be fun at least.

I just drive mine when I need it, my other vehicle is a honda ruckus scooter... gets me there for waaaaaaaaay less fuel.

I was poking around under the landy last night. I am going to do the oil pan gasket. I brushed my hand against something and was suddenly covered in water. just above the tranny. Was this an A/C drain? I think they had caked shut with gack. weird.

Quick Reply: Is it really worth it?