Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear door subwoofer EXACT FIT replacement JL Audio 6.5" component woofers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cimomd
I'm trying to imagine what the sound would be with four more of those 6.5's in the doors compared to what I am hearing now when Jay-Z is doin his thang, but seriously given the proper fitment and shallow build of these C2-650cw's they will be more than adequate to improve the system without too much if any modifications... The one's you refer to are probably much higher up than the C2's but imo the C2's are better than anything out there for the price and it's a quality build.
No, don't get me wrong. Not knocking them. Just saying they are not subwoofer category. They are midbase drivers. But so where the factory "subwoofers".

Actually, some would argue that you really can't get a 6.5" subwoofer, but I am in the opinion that anything actually producing below 45-50hz could be classified as such.

I'm actually putting some Tang Band 6x9s in the rear door right now. the FS on them is around 35hz, but I will be lucky to get 40-45hz out of them since I am not building a big box.

I like your review of the C2's. I will probably pick up a pair for the mid fill in the middle doors.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
No, don't get me wrong. Not knocking them. Just saying they are not subwoofer category. They are midbase drivers. But so where the factory "subwoofers".

Actually, some would argue that you really can't get a 6.5" subwoofer, but I am in the opinion that anything actually producing below 45-50hz could be classified as such.

I'm actually putting some Tang Band 6x9s in the rear door right now. the FS on them is around 35hz, but I will be lucky to get 40-45hz out of them since I am not building a big box.

I like your review of the C2's. I will probably pick up a pair for the mid fill in the middle doors.

I did a deeper search on ebay and actually found a complete set with tweeters and a crossover for each woofer for $160, I'm only using the woofers so I will sell the tweeters and crossovers but that seems a better deal on the woofers. And I understand they are not subwoofers but in tandem in the rear door with some extra power going to them from the amp they actually do serve the function well enough.....

Old 04-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About to do this swap. Quick question. Do you remember what color the positive wires were?

Old 04-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Dinoco
About to do this swap. Quick question. Do you remember what color the positive wires were?
Which 6.5 bass speakers? Front Door, Rear Door, or TailGate?

On the TailGate "subwoofers", the Pink/Black is positive and Red/black is negative on speaker 1. The Brown/Black is positive and White/Black is negative on speaker 2. (According to the Discovery II Electrical Library.pdf)

Last edited by cybercop; 04-10-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes that is correct above. Was a little confusing with color mix but it worked using the manual.

Last edited by cimomd; 04-11-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed these today. Holy whip em out wapidly batman! Much better!

Now if I can just find a good replacement for the HK 2.5" mids.

Nice find!

The following users liked this post:
cimomd (04-12-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Three Wheeling

Installed these today. Holy whip em out wapidly batman! Much better!

Now if I can just find a good replacement for the HK 2.5" mids.

Nice find!
Glad to hear that !!! Now imagine one more in each of the remaining four doors rrrrright? I'll provide an update when I get my door woofers in . Not sure about the mids honestly, my higher freqs seem to sound very good it was the crisp, deep bass which was lacking but i'll look into those.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Oh well, just another thing to add to my want list.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

This is what I just got finished putting in my front doors!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle

This is what I put in the tailgate door

Quick Reply: Rear door subwoofer EXACT FIT replacement JL Audio 6.5" component woofers