Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear door subwoofer EXACT FIT replacement JL Audio 6.5" component woofers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinoco
Please tell me they fit and sound like butter.

They fit perfectly and sound like buttah !!!! exactly what I was expecting. In fact the higher the volume the more response I get out of these woofers with minimal to no distortion. The sound is like night and day, hate using that term but the sound from the stock HK woofers does not compare to the JL C2's. I am very happy with these. The clarity, bass response, and overall sound dynamics nearly rivals my Harden Kardon Logic 7 in my C class which I consider the ultimate stock system imo.

Last edited by cimomd; 05-06-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

I picked up a set of renegade 6.5 components for $35 off egay. Also a perfect fit, sound I'm sure is no where near the JL, but they sound good enough for me and better than they did.

The following users liked this post:
cimomd (06-01-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I picked up a set of renegade 6.5 components for $35 off egay. Also a perfect fit, sound I'm sure is no where near the JL, but they sound good enough for me and better than they did.
RF makes some good stuff. Should be nice.

Did you just take the woofers from the set and put them in the rear "sub" box, or did you put them in the front doors?

Has anyone tried the JLs in the front doors?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

I just used the woofers in the rear door sub box. My fronts still seem good, so for now I'm going to leave them alone.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by cimomd
They fit perfectly and sound like buttah !!!! exactly what I was expecting. In fact the higher the volume the more response I get out of these woofers with minimal to no distortion. The sound is like night and day, hate using that term but the sound from the stock HK woofers does not compare to the JL C2's. I am very happy with these. The clarity, bass response, and overall sound dynamics nearly rivals my Harden Kardon Logic 7 in my C class which I consider the ultimate stock system imo.
Did you replace all 4 doors with these or the rear box? Also what is the item number, seems there are a few.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Winching
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, I got the set of JL Audio C2-650 woofers installed in the cargo door last night. Are they better than the stock speakers? Yes, but I was expecting more. The stock speakers from my "High Line" system are some pretty high quality for OEM speakers and have larger magnets than I thought they would. I don't know if I would recommend replacing them without going to a larger size. I think the rear cargo door speakers just has too much low frequency bass from the head unit going to them for any 6.5" speaker to doo much with.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Jim Swade
Well, I got the set of JL Audio C2-650 woofers installed in the cargo door last night. Are they better than the stock speakers? Yes, but I was expecting more. The stock speakers from my "High Line" system are some pretty high quality for OEM speakers and have larger magnets than I thought they would. I don't know if I would recommend replacing them without going to a larger size. I think the rear cargo door speakers just has too much low frequency bass from the head unit going to them for any 6.5" speaker to doo much with.
The two Tang Band 6x9s I put in the rear will shake your truck apart. Well almost :-)

Old 05-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Has anyone replaced the 6.5" door speakers? I know I replaced my two in the rear sub box, and bought two more for the back doors, and found they were NOT the same as the ones in the rear box. First of all they have a special connectors on them, and second, they are held on by three screws which do not line up with any of the holes on the new speakers. Third, the hole in the door will have to be made larger, or a spacer of about 1/4 to 1/2", kind of like Cybercop did to install in his front door. All I am saying is, the door speakers are not the same speakers that are in the rear sub box.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

I ordered spacers for the back two 6.5s and they will be here next week, and also ordered some speaker wire adapters that i can modify to fit the oem fittings, I will post pics of all if they work.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Did you replace all 4 doors with these or the rear box? Also what is the item number, seems there are a few.

Thanks
I replaced all the 6.5's in the vehicle, 2 subs and the 4 doors. Left the midrange and tweeters alone. And I must say that as long as you can find 4 ohm component woofers that are 6.5" they will likely work fitment wise and sound good. Im not pushing JL's, I'm just real picky about bass and my research led me to JL audio. Those damn MB systems screwed up my ears ))))))) in a good way