Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Pads And Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Pads And Rotors

Anyone have any suggestions for rear pads and rotors. I just changed out the front pads and rotors (Akebono ceramics w/ EBC Sport rotors), and now it's time for the back....I'm just starting to get this truck dialed in to where I want it!

I've read differing opinions on ceramic pads, vented/slotted/dimpled/drilled rotors....THERE'S TOO MANY CHOICES!!!! thanks guys

Joseph

Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Banned

Why not go with the same combo? I take it you are happy with the front?
I did akebono pads with plain rotors (not drilled slotted dimpled studded blinged) with stock tires and the brakes work very well.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Mudding
Default Same Set Up

Well....mainly bc the front set up was freakin expensive!! I was hoping to maybe cut the cost some without cutting the quality. But in the end I may suck it up and just go with the same setup. Just curious as to what setup everyone else is using

Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jpluncford21
Anyone have any suggestions for rear pads and rotors. I just changed out the front pads and rotors (Akebono ceramics w/ EBC Sport rotors), and now it's time for the back....I'm just starting to get this truck dialed in to where I want it!

I've read differing opinions on ceramic pads, vented/slotted/dimpled/drilled rotors....THERE'S TOO MANY CHOICES!!!! thanks guys

Joseph
Stick away from anything drilled or slotted unless you are spending big money on a professional set. They lose structural rigidity and offer no real advantages. I have the Akebono and they do a good job. Brake dust is high and they are a bit noisy, but good initial bite.