Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Swaybar Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Swaybar Questions

I have a (new to me) 04 DII w/ 3in RTE/Terra Firma lift. Front swaybar is fitted with JKS Quick Disconnects, while the rear sway is disconnected (links are in place but no nut). I had the truck in for state inspection and they wouldn't pass me because of the rear sway. As I see it, two options: 1) attempt to reconnect the sways either temporarily or semi-permanently; or 2) fit with JKS Quick Disconnects. A couple of questions:

1) Will the stock rear sway links fit with the lift? If so, does anyone know the nut/thread combo so I can grab a couple for a quick fix?

2) How much work is involved in fitting JKS Quick Disconnects if the stock no longer fits? I understand that the Wrangler TJ kit will mount with some modification.

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Will the JKS Disconnects fit the rear of a DII?

I have a TF 2" MD lift w/ D1 coil seats in the rear w/ isolators on the top of the rear springs. I'm at approx 2.75" of lift over factory. I believe my rear links are toast. I'm getting some nasty knocking from the rear when going over bumps. Maybe, watts linkage, maybe links. It's to bloody cold at the moment to check whats going on back there. I would like to replace link w/ disconnects but not sure if the JKS fit the rear of the DII.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

It is not hard to reattach it, and yes the 3" lift will work with your sway bar.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by coors
Will the JKS Disconnects fit the rear of a DII?

I have a TF 2" MD lift w/ D1 coil seats in the rear w/ isolators on the top of the rear springs. I'm at approx 2.75" of lift over factory. I believe my rear links are toast. I'm getting some nasty knocking from the rear when going over bumps. Maybe, watts linkage, maybe links. It's to bloody cold at the moment to check whats going on back there. I would like to replace link w/ disconnects but not sure if the JKS fit the rear of the DII.
Have you measured from center cap to wheel arch? I'd be surprised if you've got an ARB bar and still at over 2" with that set up.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The JKS quick connects worked fine on mine. I used the Wrangler TJ versions. Found them for about $150 at a local off-road store. I've had about a year on them without issue. You will need to take an angle grinder to the rear axle mounts. Just a few inches of steel needed to be removed. I'll try to snap some pics of my mods. It should be pretty straightforward when you get down there. I did it without problem, which should say alot.