Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations on lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe!
Here's mine with +2" HD terrafirma springs/shocks. Rides well. Better than stock and certainly better than when I had it lifted with spacers. Definitely stands tall even with all the heavy stuff I have on it.
and does it sit level of does it have that lean due to the passenger and drivers side springs

Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Pro Wrench

Joe did you put the 99-02 arb bumper on there and remove the reflectors and put in led fog lights?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Mudding
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I followed the forum standard and went 2" OME with HD springs up front & MD springs in the back to level out my disco and also anticipating heavier loads with front & rear aftermarket bumpers.

My ride got much better and I am still surprised at how well the HD springs behave up front (I've yet to install any bumpers). Yes it is a little stiffer but not bad. Most of my driving is highway and around town (Atlanta) and since this is my dd the ride quality mattered to me.

Having said all of that I offer two bits of advice. 1) I hated the miss matched spring height thing as well but if you talk nice to some of the suppliers they can match you up a set so that all four are the same height. 2) I've had my lift on for about 8 months and I'm wishing I had gone with the 3" RTE. I can see doing the springs again in the near future...

You definitely don't need the extended ABS lines and you should be replacing the old brakes lines anyway... That should take care of normal wheeling in the south unless you have a secret stash of canyon boulders in Bama that I don't know about.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Chrisw7562
I followed the forum standard and went 2" OME with HD springs up front & MD springs in the back to level out my disco and also anticipating heavier loads with front & rear aftermarket bumpers.

My ride got much better and I am still surprised at how well the HD springs behave up front (I've yet to install any bumpers). Yes it is a little stiffer but not bad. Most of my driving is highway and around town (Atlanta) and since this is my dd the ride quality mattered to me.

Having said all of that I offer two bits of advice. 1) I hated the miss matched spring height thing as well but if you talk nice to some of the suppliers they can match you up a set so that all four are the same height. 2) I've had my lift on for about 8 months and I'm wishing I had gone with the 3" RTE. I can see doing the springs again in the near future...

You definitely don't need the extended ABS lines and you should be replacing the old brakes lines anyway... That should take care of normal wheeling in the south unless you have a secret stash of canyon boulders in Bama that I don't know about.
i haven't found any secret ones in bama yet. I've just heard that a 2" rte is really equivalent to. 3" terrifirma or ome.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh I bet it is Lucky^

Referring to the RTE lifts, they run large. My 4.5" is huge. I'm 6'6" and I've gotta shimmy my way up in the truck. Once I get my custom sliders done, that'll make it easier for those less vertically gifted to get in / out of my truck.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
looks good Joe. What size tires are you running?
Thanks, 265/75/16 bfg ko2s

Old 01-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Rock Crawling

and does it sit level of does it have that lean due to the passenger and drivers side springs
Yeah sits level. That is true, I never drove one when new. My dad did though. He was sales manager at Land Rover Fort Lauderdale for quite a while... he said that they were a lot nicer when new of course but in 14 years it's pretty understandable it's not going to ride like new any more.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Joe did you put the 99-02 arb bumper on there and remove the reflectors and put in led fog lights?
This is a non airbag d1 ARB. Sits up much higher and looks better imo. The led lights are from a golf mk2 and are a direct swap. To fit the d1 ARB I had to cut the mount a little and trim the sides.