Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing fuel pump wiring harness on disco

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing fuel pump wiring harness on disco

hello, all. you guys have been great in helping out and i love you guys. now here is my delema, i havemy '96 land rover disco, 161000 miles runs great. recently i got home park it, next time i tried tostart it, engine turnover but no start. i check all the usuals then finally decided to check the fuel pump for power. when idisconectthe wire from the pump, it looked like the wire has been shorted but still have power. so i squeeze the connectors just a bit and tried to start it and with no problem it started. but since, every once in a while it keeps shutting off. i just purchase the wiring harness to try to replace it, but i have no idea how to go about doing that, Can anyone help me with replacing the wiring harness. diagram andinstrunction would help.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: replacing fuel pump wiring harness on disco

You can get a Rave CD off ebay, or download it from several sites, but I am not sure if that will help you much. What exactly are you wanting to know? Can't you just follow the wires back to where thay plug in and replace? Another option it to follow the wires back to a place where they will not be subjected to any damage and splice the new harness in. Solder and heat shrink then covered in liquid tape....just don't solder at the pump (big boom).

Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

thanks okdiscoguy.
i wouldn't mind cutting the wires, but i would rather that be my last step. i have tried to follow the wires but i can't seems to fine where it ends. anyone knows where the connector is?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi fulish.
Have you got a Disco1 V8?Is the harness you bought about a half meter long with connecters both sides?Has it got 4 wires inside?
Regards
Marius

Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
3rd Gear

savannah, thanks for replying.

yes, that's what i've got. the connector that goes to the fuelpump is asquare one, and the other is round.