Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resleeve or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Resleeve or replace?

I think BENE has the right idea. Rip that sucker out and put a Ford or possibly a Chevy small block in it. I hate chevy's but a chevy small block has to be more reliable than the Landy engine. I have a 2001 Disco and I absolutely love the vehicle. I think they are just a really sharp looking vehicle, but from what I have seen on these message boards, Im really worried about its long term reliability. If my engine has major problems, I think I will see if I can get some type of conversion kit for a small block. Hard core rover fans would probably hate to hear that but I used to hear about people with Jaguars putting small block chevy's in them because they were sick of the Jag engines breaking down.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Rock Crawling

resleeve. my say no. rebuild, or place, ok. the diesel option is probably the best option. great motor. less power on the high side,may cost more for the motor. less on maintainence. but that can be corrected with a turbo. Just as a side not the number 1 cylinder seems to be the problem one. the price is beyond reason. Look around and you can and will find better. hope it helps. gotta love a rover. duboff.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Mudding

I just got a quote from carcannibal.com for 5350.00 they will come get my car in MS take it to OK drop in a 4.6 w/performance upgrades and deliver it back to me. yes that is for a rebuilt engine but from what I have read used engines are the way to go for a project such as mine. This sounds very reasonable to me please let me know what you guys think before I commit. This does come with a warranty on all parts and labor. I feel like no matter what engine I get it will last as long as I am able to do all the servicing when it needs done...