Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM Gauge Working Sporadically

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Spike. Always good advice. I did not know they can test while in the vehicle. I have always pulled mine in the past. If only I had known. I will also check all of the connections. I just put a new battery on it as my old one was a cheap piece of crap that had a dead cell in it. Hopefully the alt is not bad. I don't want to kill the new batt. Anyway, thanks again Spike. Will update Mon.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of North Texas are you in? I'm in North Richland Hills, but moving to Anna next month. Good luck with the alt. I saw a thread on here where one of the guys bought one from a shop online that rebuilds Marelli alts (not the crap ones they sell at AZ, O, and the other part stores). It was $130 including shipping and was a 120AMP (not the 100 amp). I think its called eagle auto electric and they have an ebay store.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzz09
What part of North Texas are you in? I'm in North Richland Hills, but moving to Anna next month. Good luck with the alt. I saw a thread on here where one of the guys bought one from a shop online that rebuilds Marelli alts (not the crap ones they sell at AZ, O, and the other part stores). It was $130 including shipping and was a 120AMP (not the 100 amp). I think its called eagle auto electric and they have an ebay store.
Yup, scroll through my alternator thread and you will find the link posted by someone else.
That is where I am going to buy my next alt.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Drifting

Hey spike....i posted the same thing on your blog. Sorry for the double post, but, hey, at least i was reading it! Where did you camp when you were in FTW?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Buzz09
Hey spike....i posted the same thing on your blog. Sorry for the double post, but, hey, at least i was reading it! Where did you camp when you were in FTW?
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f..._roberts_lake/

Your guy's camp ground are alot different than ours.
We get to park next to our camp site, you guys dont.
That sucked hiking gear 100 yds from the truck.
And a man made lake? Really? Dont you guys have any God made lakes?

I'm just yankin' your chain, it was fun, windy but fun.
And I learned that my new TomTom beeps at you when there is a red light camera.

If you read my blog you can read all about it.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Drifting

There are very few God made lakes in Texas. Most are man made and used as a primary source of city water. I prefer camping in OK, honestly. K-River campground right on the banks of the Kiamichi River.

Glad you made it all in one piece and that the Dallas traffic didn't bite ya! If you ever head down this way again, hit me up. I'll get a "honey do" list together for my Disco lol j/k

Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Team Owner

So all you guys in Ft Worth are drinking my pee huh?

I showed someone from south Indiana a pic of Lake Michigan several years ago, she asked me what ocean that was.

Last edited by Spike555; 05-06-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Drifting

We run the water through a sweaty jock strap first, though. lol. You may have big lakes, but in the end, its still Michigan!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are cracking me up. Always fun to read the posts. Buzz I am not far from you. I am over in Roanoke literally right across from the TMS. And as far as lakes go in Texas, God only blessed us with one. Every other lake in Texas is man-made. Matter of fact most of them have houses in the bottom, old log cabins and wooden ship lap houses. Fun diving stuff, or so I am told. There is a lake in south Texas (can't remember which at the moment) that actually has a church under water. When the water level drops you can see the steeple of the church above the water line. That just trips me out.