Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sls sitting on axles

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sls sitting on axles

Here is what I did: last night i was doing some exploratory dissasembly of the rear tires. Mainly to check brakes and just get more familiar with sls system and such. Everything went fine, after I figured out how to get the lug nut covers off. I jacked the vehicle up using the points on the pan-hard arm one side at a time. This morning when I went out to start it, it was completly lowered on the axle. After I started it I pushed the sls button on the dash and it raised up to max. extension. Then I pushed to disable and it went to normal ride height. No probs. since, but its in the parking lot and I can't look at till after work. Any ideas? Also when I lift it I want to go with the sls spacers in the rear. What shocks do you use with that>? Thanks in advance.
2000 Disco II se7 88000ish
Jake

Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: sls sitting on axles

I think it's supposed to drop in really cold weather.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Rock Crawling

no, i know what it is i had the exact same experience, when you jack the vehicle up the airbags must let some of the air out and deflate the airbags and then when you let the jack down the car is sagging at the rear but when you turn it on it reflates. its just because you have jacked the rear of the vehicle up and some of the air in the suspension has escaped, trust me theres nothing wrong, its normal

hope that helped

Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the quick reply. I am confident your right because there are no other symptoms and it worked fine after reinflation. And its 60 degrees F. here so temp. is really not a factor.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Randy lover says, jacking it caused the sensors to think your rear end was too high, and let go of the air in an effort to level the vehicle. It takes the key in the ignition for the compressor to work, thus explaining why it waited for you to start the car to bring it back level again. Nothing is wrong.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Jake,
Why did you tear off your lug nut covers?
The air bags don't drop when it is cold, I live in Denver and have gone thru some -15 weather with no problems.
By the way, don't lift your truck using ing trailing arms. If you are using a hydralic jack, pick it up from under the axle.
Foe shocks, I would suggest OME 207/208 H.D. shocks along with a OME coil pack for the front, either 779 or the 751 coils.
How much of a lift are you looking for, will you have a winch?
Mike