Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plugs from Miami Rover via Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

If you look at the label on the box it says Allmakes (The distributor) by Champion. Rest assure that these spark plugs are indeed Champion.

this was the response to my questioning the authenticity

Old 12-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people have had good experiences with them but they have a reputation of being misleading at times. I personally don't like them based on my experiences with them. I once asked for OEM brake pads and when I got the box it said Allmakes. After some research I came to the conclusion that they were not OEM they were made by TRW or TWR for Allmakes which is not the OEM manufacture. I am sure that the Allmakes spark plugs are made by Champion but knowing them they could have changed them for something else. Another possibility is that they are Champion but not the same quality Champions that come with the truck OEM. Champion makes many different levels of quality. With them anything is possible it is best to use Lucky8 or one of the other vendors. I have never had a problem with the other vendors. One other thing, $80 for standard copper Champion spark plugs is steep. I recently got Bosch Platinum 4 plugs for $48 for the set of 8. Advance has the Champion copper core spark plugs for our trucks for $2.49 ea.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On closer inspection of the picture you provided the spark plugs have more differences than just the lack of labeling. The Champion NLP100320 spark plugs have the ceramic part smooth without any ribs, the round metal collar has some slight diagonal markings, the top part of the spark plug is black metal, and the electrode tip is skinnier.

I am not an expert but something tells me they are not Champion NLP100320 spark plus or even Champion spark plugs to begin with.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by buick215
On closer inspection of the picture you provided the spark plugs have more differences than just the lack of labeling. The Champion NLP100320 spark plugs have the ceramic part smooth without any ribs, the round metal collar has some slight diagonal markings, the top part of the spark plug is black metal, and the electrode tip is skinnier.

I am not an expert but something tells me they are not Champion NLP100320 spark plus or even Champion spark plugs to begin with.
I don't know. But I have these paired up with a brand new factory wire set and the engine runs beautifully. I don't see how it could even be better so I will have to vouch for them

Old 12-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by buick215
Some people have had good experiences with them but they have a reputation of being misleading at times. I personally don't like them based on my experiences with them. I once asked for OEM brake pads and when I got the box it said Allmakes. After some research I came to the conclusion that they were not OEM they were made by TRW or TWR for Allmakes which is not the OEM manufacture. I am sure that the Allmakes spark plugs are made by Champion but knowing them they could have changed them for something else. Another possibility is that they are Champion but not the same quality Champions that come with the truck OEM. Champion makes many different levels of quality. With them anything is possible it is best to use Lucky8 or one of the other vendors. I have never had a problem with the other vendors. One other thing, $80 for standard copper Champion spark plugs is steep. I recently got Bosch Platinum 4 plugs for $48 for the set of 8. Advance has the Champion copper core spark plugs for our trucks for $2.49 ea.
I searched OEM champions through EBay and Amazon. $77 for an 8-pack was the cheapest price I came across

Old 12-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Some things are cheaper in store.

Originally Posted by chubbs878
I searched OEM champions through EBay and Amazon. $77 for an 8-pack was the cheapest price I came across

Old 12-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

This does seem pretty simple. AllMakes sells Land Rover products made by other companies. AllMakes does not make their own spark plugs. So what you have are AllMakes plugs made by Champion.
"OEM" is often used to refer to products that built to the same spec as those originally used in the vehicle. VERY few people use Land Rover Genuine parts because the cost is prohibitive and the alternatives work equally as well.
I've used both Champion and AutoLite plugs in my truck, both with good results. I couldn't tell you which, if either, were OEM for the vehicle and really it doesn't matter.
I hate AllMakes. I feel most of there stuff is junk. Not all but a lot. Their PR2 line is better than their low end line.

In the end you bought $80 worth of unknown grade/quality Champion spark plugs that would have cost no more than $60 in the store, and that's for the fancy wahzoo Iridium plugs.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by fishEH

In the end you bought $80 worth of unknown grade/quality Champion spark plugs that would have cost no more than $60 in the store, and that's for the fancy wahzoo Iridium plugs.
story of my life brah! F-it!

Old 12-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

I run NGK Platinum or NGK Iridium in my LR's with excellent results. Copper Core plugs don't last as long and the last thing I want to do is possibly break another spark plug wire boot while changing plugs. I use the Platinum/Iridium and like knowing they should be good for 100K. I think the last set I bought at Auto Zone were like 55.00 for a name brand plug vs some UN-identified copper plug for 80.00 sorry but that is INSANE.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I run NGK Platinum or NGK Iridium in my LR's with excellent results. Copper Core plugs don't last as long and the last thing I want to do is possibly break another spark plug wire boot while changing plugs. I use the Platinum/Iridium and like knowing they should be good for 100K. I think the last set I bought at Auto Zone were like 55.00 for a name brand plug vs some UN-identified copper plug for 80.00 sorry but that is INSANE.
$80 is f×°×√•∆~ insane for a set of spark plugs and I actually thought I was getting a deal! I have never really done plugs and wires on a vehicle so I went OEM on everything. I picked one of the cheapest at $77 and that was this Champion from All makes. Maybe I will remember this 100,000 miles later. Everybody has said something different on this topic. I didn't have much to compare to so I just wanted to go factory but that route is always the most expensive no matter what you are having to replace

Last edited by chubbs878; 12-22-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs from Miami Rover via Ebay