Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plugs from Miami Rover via Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

I would look at it as a vibration/movement issue. That was likely causing the miss fire

Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
I have worked on and owned various rovers with only 2 bolts holding the coil pack and even had one with no bolts.

If the bolts were affecting the pack, I don't think it was ground related but more a movement vibration issue. I would be intetested to hear others opinions/experiences on the matter.
There he is. Hey bubba, I hope you had a good Christmas. As you may have read, the truck hasn't had any issues since I last talked to you. I didn't want to get my hopes up thinking it could be a fluke bolting the bottom of the coil packs down. When I bought it, the bottom 2 bolts were there but none of it was buttoned up at the top. Now everything is as it should be from the factory and I can't find any other reasons why the ignition shouldn't work properly, but you never know. The only thing left that I'm wanting to do is update the timing chain/gears, oil pump, gasket and front cover if needed. I'm hoping that I can hold off on that for at least 3-4 months.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbs878
There he is. Hey bubba, I hope you had a good Christmas. As you may have read, the truck hasn't had any issues since I last talked to you. I didn't want to get my hopes up thinking it could be a fluke bolting the bottom of the coil packs down. When I bought it, the bottom 2 bolts were there but none of it was buttoned up at the top. Now everything is as it should be from the factory and I can't find any other reasons why the ignition shouldn't work properly, but you never know. The only thing left that I'm wanting to do is update the timing chain/gears, oil pump, gasket and front cover if needed. I'm hoping that I can hold off on that for at least 3-4 months.
I'm in New Mexico now. My dad pulled out his 03' and I saw a lot of oil on the ground. He told me it was first time he saw that since I did his timing chain,oil pump, con rod service a few months back in CA.

Anyways, oil pan with is off, front cover is off and now it looks like it was the camshaft sensor that was leaking!

Tomorrow it will go back together with a new power steering pump. Even though the front seal looks fine and the pulley is not too worn, I'm replacing all the seals. Fingers crossed it works, because I need to get back to CA!

Anyways, I'm glad the bolts fixed it, first time I've heard of that.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by abran
I'm in New Mexico now. My dad pulled out his 03' and I saw a lot of oil on the ground. He told me it was first time he saw that since I did his timing chain,oil pump, con rod service a few months back in CA.

Anyways, oil pan with is off, front cover is off and now it looks like it was the camshaft sensor that was leaking!

Tomorrow it will go back together with a new power steering pump. Even though the front seal looks fine and the pulley is not too worn, I'm replacing all the seals. Fingers crossed it works, because I need to get back to CA!

Anyways, I'm glad the bolts fixed it, first time I've heard of that.

check this guy out. he says that he has never had to do anything to keep his truck running besides change to an inline thermostat and install some aftermarket gauges LMAO!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

That video was taken right before his front driveshaft went out and grenaded his transmission...

Old 12-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Pro Wrench

HAHA! Good one!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:30 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I like the 100k + miles on a set of brake pads

Old 12-31-2015, 03:56 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
I like the 100k + miles on a set of brake pads
I currently have 87k on my front and rear brake pads and rotors. I replaced them when I bought the truck at 51k miles and the truck currently has 138k miles and they are still good. 100k does seem like a stretch but it might be possible.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Pro Wrench

Can anyone tell me how good the Land Rover brake pads are? I put some Napas on the front and Import Direct from Oreillys on the back but I may go LR next time. That's if I'm still driving this thing after another 95,000 miles.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Land Rover brake pads are good but dusty. I always hear on this forum that the best are the Akebono brake pads. They provide the best braking and cause little dust because they are ceramic. I will be trying those when it comes time to replace my brakes.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs from Miami Rover via Ebay