Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They re-released it!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

simply said,,,,

rovers are bad ****

Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I show this vid to many who look at my Rover and start to quote consumer books. It is accurate. I have been to and know many from countries where malls are unheard of. They swear by their Rovers and even though cheap labor has something to do with it you will get a better idea when you find out the % of other cars of similar years built are still on their roads today.

That being said I do think the numbers will change. The latest generation of Rovers are not going to last as long as the originals.

Fred

Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I showed this video to a friend who said, "I like rovers but I would never buy one because they break down all the time". I tried to explain to him that consumer reports are for losers who want a "posh" interior and a lifeless car, he just didn't get it. I'm mean honestly, for those of us who take care of these things, how many times have you ever been stranded on the side of the road?

NEVER.

At least in my case, the rover has never let me down. In the first few months of ownership I had one expensive issue, but that was because the PO let some things go he shouldnt have. Other than that flawless. My check engine light has not been on in months (knock on wood) and I think the engine is getting stronger every mile i drive. I will never get rid of my disco, it will be with me until the engine just wont go. Gah, I LOVE these vehicles!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
I showed this video to a friend who said, "I like rovers but I would never buy one because they break down all the time". I tried to explain to him that consumer reports are for losers who want a "posh" interior and a lifeless car, he just didn't get it. I'm mean honestly, for those of us who take care of these things, how many times have you ever been stranded on the side of the road?

NEVER.

At least in my case, the rover has never let me down. In the first few months of ownership I had one expensive issue, but that was because the PO let some things go he shouldnt have. Other than that flawless. My check engine light has not been on in months (knock on wood) and I think the engine is getting stronger every mile i drive. I will never get rid of my disco, it will be with me until the engine just wont go. Gah, I LOVE these vehicles!
I love this kid, if only my 17 year old son were this passionate about anything.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
TReK

Thanks Spike! It doesnt hurt that I saved for three years to buy mine, that makes me love it even more. Ever since 7th grade when I did a huge project on Land Rover I have just loved everything about them. Almost 5 years and one rover later, nothing has changed! Next year, me AND the rover will be heading off to college, and I am confident it will get me there and back whenever I need it to.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet your friend is a Jeep fan. How you explain his attitude toward Rovers is what I have gotten used to from Jeep people. My Rover has never left me stranded and right now runs smoother than my 2007 Dodge hemi even with the check engine light on. My even made it through a blizzard without a problem. When I started shopping for a second vehicle I considered a Jeep because I wanted something that I could off-road. After searching and researching and comparing the Rover to a Jeep, it was a no brainer. The Rover won hands down. Why drive a basic Jeep for off-road ability when I can have as much if not more off-road ability and a level of luxury you'll never find in a Jeep. I like to off-road but I want to off-road in comfort.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

My son is going off to college also this year.
We will see if that actually happens or not, he has his mothers ambition.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I bet your friend is a Jeep fan. How you explain his attitude toward Rovers is what I have gotten used to from Jeep people. My Rover has never left me stranded and right now runs smoother than my 2007 Dodge hemi even with the check engine light on. My even made it through a blizzard without a problem. When I started shopping for a second vehicle I considered a Jeep because I wanted something that I could off-road. After searching and researching and comparing the Rover to a Jeep, it was a no brainer. The Rover won hands down. Why drive a basic Jeep for off-road ability when I can have as much if not more off-road ability and a level of luxury you'll never find in a Jeep. I like to off-road but I want to off-road in comfort.
Good guess, he owns a Jeep GC as of about 6 months ago, he made that comment about 2 months before the purchase, and i just couldnt get it through this head... oh well! Makes for great joking around when we off road.
"shoulda got the rover..."

Attached Thumbnails They re-released it!!-dec22adventure7.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My best friend drives a grand choker too. I always gave him crap because he would hardly take it off road without a lift. I told him if he needs a lift to go off road he needs to get a real truck.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:21 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a buddy of mine has been thinking of getting a jeep GC,,,

i told him to get a rover and he went into the typical " they are unreliable, they cost too much, they break down etc etc etc"

my response was " do you own one? i do! and its better then my rubicon. "

nuff said

Quick Reply: They re-released it!!