Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They re-released it!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:57 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

besides i use busted up parts off my bikes as wall art

Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
besides i use busted up parts off my bikes as wall art
Thats why your single.
Woman just dont understand.
A fuel tank as a toothbrush holder is a GREAT idea.
Rearview mirror for shaving....

Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My friend had a whole bike in the living room of his apartment. We used it as a coat rack. The thought was to bring it in and work on it over the winter but it didn't happen. Come spring the bike was still the same and the carpet had tire imprints on it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 PM
TReK

i have one of my 999 panels hanging in my living room with a big hole in it from where is slid down a track a couple hundred feet and a nose from my 748R from a highside,,,

i call it used art

Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
TReK

im trying to track down a blown duc engine so i can clean it up and display in on a end table or something.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Winching

It's been said, "Don't take anything to the track you can't afford to come home without." I find that to be very good advice! I pitched my Tuono at Putnam when it was just 3 months old... And at that moment production was shut down because Aprilia was in bankruptcy! I had to piece it back together with parts off of eBay and from fellow members at apriliaforum.com. It wasn't exactly a Tuono anymore after that, but it wasn't quite a Mille either... It was a hell of a lot of fun though! I did the Mille R bodywork, with the sides and lower omitted, and a set of Woodford clip-ons. My beautiful titanium Akrapovic SBK race-only full system was a pretzel, but we straightened it out enough to put back on the bike. I did a couple more days down at Barber on it, then sold it on eBay. I still have broken pieces of motorcycles here and there, and a piece of the CRG lever from a Duc (M900 Cromo) I high-sided serves as a key fob! By the way, if you haven't looked at the CRG levers for your Ducs I highly recommend them!

Anyway, after my experience with Aprilia I decided to stick to metric bikes for track-days. They're much easier to get parts for, easier to locate spares while track-side if necessary, and essentially disposable in clear conscience! LOL

Plus, I take great satisfaction out of riding a 600cc bike and beig able to run off and hide from all the guys on litre-bikes! Corner-campers... LOL

Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Winching

Oh, speaking of "Garage Art", I have a pal who bought an Aprilia RS 50 for the sole purpose pf placing it on a shelf in his garage...

I've lately got a desire to pick up an Aprilia RS 250 to go racing with... they're damn near impossible to un-stick on a track! It'd be a lot of fun stuffing it up the inside of everyone in even the tightest of turns.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
TReK

well the issue with the aprillia is the deal network is very tiny,,,,

as for ducs,,,

if you want a track bike my advice is to buy a duc that has been converted for use at the track. and do not use a R bike. too temperamental and high strung.

but a 748s or a 996 would make a sweet bike wrapped in sharkskins.

my 999 as it sits is outfitted in all the good stuff

and yes,,, CRG levers.
billet clutch basket, plate, and cover.
billet triple and clamp
billet waterpump cover

ebc pads

suspension built by GP out of portland, or with eibach rear spring. reworked damper,

afam sprockets. woodcraft clip ons. Ducati performance factory race rear sets. termi pipe. DP carbon upper and lowers and rear fender.

999R tranny cogs, milled heads.

im sure there is more, but i cant remember. anyways i like the bike. dont plan on tracking it as is, but i will romp on the street.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not use the engine as the base for a table with a glass top? That would be pretty cool.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Why not use the engine as the base for a table with a glass top? That would be pretty cool.
That is a awesome idea, why didnt I think of that?
Maybe when the engine in my Rover finally lets loose that is what I will do, strip it down to the block and make a table.
Oh, oh, and the t-case for a end table and the transmission standing on end for a bar stool height table!
And axles for hanging lights from...no wait, remove the diffs and put a lamp inside the diff housing's.
I can see it now...."Rover art now showing at the Louvre"

Quick Reply: They re-released it!!