Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They re-released it!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Last time I was in Phoenix my buddy and I stopped in a Desert Rat shop. My buddy was looking for some parts for his GC so I figured I'd ask if they deal with Rover parts, pretty much knowing the answer I would get. The guy at the counter started going off about how much better a rubicon is than any other vehicle for off-road. I asked him if he has ever driven a Rover and of course the answer was no. When I asked if he knew what kind of suspension a Rover uses he didn't even know that. So I had to ask how he could stand there and tell me that a rubicon can do more off-road than any other vehicle when he has no clue about the competition.

Needless too say I won't be going back to that shop. Apparently jeep fans truly believe ignorance is bliss. Since they don't know what a Rover can do it must not be as good as a jeep.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that equates to harley guys thinking their bikes are "fast"

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
A fast Harley is a oxymoron.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
TReK

"hey!!! i aint NO ox moron"

Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Last time I was in Phoenix my buddy and I stopped in a Desert Rat shop. My buddy was looking for some parts for his GC so I figured I'd ask if they deal with Rover parts, pretty much knowing the answer I would get. The guy at the counter started going off about how much better a rubicon is than any other vehicle for off-road. I asked him if he has ever driven a Rover and of course the answer was no. When I asked if he knew what kind of suspension a Rover uses he didn't even know that. So I had to ask how he could stand there and tell me that a rubicon can do more off-road than any other vehicle when he has no clue about the competition.

Needless too say I won't be going back to that shop. Apparently jeep fans truly believe ignorance is bliss. Since they don't know what a Rover can do it must not be as good as a jeep.
I really have no business commenting on Jeep vs. Land Rover because I own both! I love 'em both too.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no problems with Jeeps. My problem is with people who can't be bothered to research the competition yet talk trash about everything that isn't a Jeep. When the guy didn't know basic information about the Rover anything he said about how the Jeep was better became completely moot. He has no way of knowing the Jeep is really better.

Since you have both Tornado I would listen if you ever did a compare and contrast of the Jeep to the Rover. How they are similar, how they're different, how each one does on and off-road, stuff like that. I have driven a lot of Jeeps but never owned one. I have been more into foreign vehicles since I started learning about things like reliability and quality. Unfortunately most American made vehicles are not quality vehicles.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
I find it hilarious that the only HD that is even worth a moment's consideration, the V-Rod, is scoffed at by HD "purists" for not being a "real" Harley... Yeah, go figure, it's liquid-cooled, twin-cam, OHV engine was designed by Porsche! Plus, it's actually got decent suspension (for a Harley).

That having been said, I'd NEVER own a HD. I love my FJR, I loved my Aprilia Tuono, I loved my Ducati ST4-S, and I love my R6 for running laps at the track when I have the chance. The gaggle of Honda's I've owned were nice bikes, but they're soulless just like Honda cars. I'd like a 748R (or even a 748S) like sloppyjoe has, but I just couldn't bring myself to really let go and ride it on a racetrack like it was engineered to be ridden! I like how cheap it is to put a R6 or a GSXR back together after you pitch it! As for the ultimate in motorcycling, my heart pines for all things MV Agusta... If Satan rides a motorcycle, it's an MV F4!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Winching

By the way, sorry for hi-jacking the thread and going off-topic!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
I find it hilarious that the only HD that is even worth a moment's consideration, the V-Rod, is scoffed at by HD "purists" for not being a "real" Harley... Yeah, go figure, it's liquid-cooled, twin-cam, OHV engine was designed by Porsche! Plus, it's actually got decent suspension (for a Harley).

That having been said, I'd NEVER own a HD. I love my FJR, I loved my Aprilia Tuono, I loved my Ducati ST4-S, and I love my R6 for running laps at the track when I have the chance. The gaggle of Honda's I've owned were nice bikes, but they're soulless just like Honda cars. I'd like a 748R (or even a 748S) like sloppyjoe has, but I just couldn't bring myself to really let go and ride it on a racetrack like it was engineered to be ridden! I like how cheap it is to put a R6 or a GSXR back together after you pitch it! As for the ultimate in motorcycling, my heart pines for all things MV Agusta... If Satan rides a motorcycle, it's an MV F4!
I LOVE my Schwinn!!

Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever

i do love the MV but man i cant wrap my mind around going back to a I-4. i just love twins too much.

that being said,,, i have owned 2 ducs both of which i have pitched while racing. though some do not understand the nature of a man who takes something as pretty as a ducati and tossing it down a track. i cannot understand the nature of the man who takes a race horse and cages it up.

a duc was made to run man. and besides,,, its just a machine. what breaks can be fixed.

same as my 308. i beat the living hell out of that car. i am always driving it hard and after 7 years of ownership the only thing to let go is the waterpump,,,after 70,000 miles.

you gotta use em man, otherwise a guy like me will get hold of em and use em for ya

Quick Reply: They re-released it!!