Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

things to look for when buying a Disco II??/

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default things to look for when buying a Disco II??/

Hey guys, im new here but i was hoping that you all could help me out. I started looking at land rovers about 6-7 months ago and i've looked at maybe 2 or 3 pretty closely but i just wouldnt be able to afford it, so now i finally have enough money saved up and magically at the bank up the street there is a for sale sign on a 99 Disco II for $6k! awesome timing!

anyways, my dad and I looked at it and it has 111k miles on it, its grey, and it has 4 completely bald tires.Other than that it looks good, but it has been sitting for awhile, has rust on the brake rotors, and generally looks like its been sitting for awhile and the owner decided to throw a for sale sign on it. The interior its dusty and dirty but no stains and nothing a good cleaning and detail couldnt fix.

So, i was wondering if any of you could tell me what to look for in the engine compartment (any tell tale signs for problems) or any other tips or hints that could help a newer buyer. THANKS in advance

By the way, what is needed for a tune up or what do you all recommend that should be done to it if i decide to purchase it(flush everything and replace all fluids, etc)??

Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: things to look for when buying a Disco II??/

Send me your tele number and a good time to call you, I'll be glad to run thru all your questions.
Mike
mikeljacobs@comcast.net