Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Hopefully, we shall see. I think it may be in Ouray this year which would be cool, I spent some time in Telluride and was definitely amazed by the area.
That would be very cool. I heard it was going to be in Ouray. That's only a 12ish hour drive for me, but I think I might go out there overland style and make it a few days. I've done a little research on the area and it is truly amazing. I've got friends from there too, and they described it as "really rugged country." Sounds like my kind of place!

Would love to see you there. I don't know many people going.

d2luvr, nice to have you back on board!
It's tru, these things get into your heart and stay there. They'll have to bury me in my DII.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't like the price tags on parts to fix our D2's when they break down.

Other than that, I love them both! Well, don't really care for the green color of our '04, but that isn't that big of a deal. And, it's something that can be changed.

For you guys talking about Ouray, CO... it is an amazing place. Beautiful country and yes, it is rugged country. It would be a blast to drive the mountain roads in the Rovers!! I was up there a few years ago for 4 days (my step-dad has a friend that lives there and owns a Jeep rental and guide shop). He took us up into the mountains... drove 28 miles in 8 hours. We found an old mining town from the 1800's up in the mountains somewhere. It was really cool!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Nice! I did Imogene pass when I was out there in a 2007 Defender 110. It was life changing. For those that don't know, Imogene pass connects Telluride and Ouray, and was an old mining road. Here are some photos I took out there.

Also, sorry for the thread jack

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, great pics. What gorgeous scenery.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Rock Crawling

I can't wait to drive that stuff firsthand.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rover guys are not going to like this comment, but it is the truth, I believe!

I have loved Rovers since the early 1960s, and have owned many. However, the thing that irritates me the most is as follows: Rover/Land Rover, the corporation, in the beginning days of EOBD vehicle electronic management systems, designed and developed dealership dependent vehicles/parts/diagnosis/repair, as much as possible, with mostly one object in mind: TO MAKE THE MOST PROFIT POSSIBLE. For example, they specifically developed their vehicle electronic management systems, and its related diagnostic system, to be specifically limited to use by their dealerships, doing that through economic means as well as through electronic manipulation. In explanation, they had developed for their dealerships, their electronic diagnostic system at a unit price of between $10,000. and $18,000, which, economically to a high degree, kept it out of the hands of non dealer garages. And to reinforce the need to rely only on this expensive diagnostic equipment, they electronically built in complexities so other less expensive generic diagnostic equipment simply would not work. I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gas mileage. Period.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gas mileage.
Head gaskets.
Horn buttons.
U-joints
Headliner
speakers/subwoofers
Sunroofs
3 Amigos
Brittle plastics, bumper and interior
Premium gas. Wish it was diesel
CDL with no linkage in my 2000
and...I REALLY didn't care much for the nickel sized blister on my a$$ when my driver side heated seat malfunctioned.

With all that said my next truck will probably be an '04 DII HSE7. Haha! Love/Hate...

Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like having only one external key lock. If your battery is dead and you break off the key in the door handle, you're screwed. The D1 had them on both front doors and the cargo door. I'm contemplating getting a driver's side (our passenger side) door handle from across the pond and put in on the right side. Then I'll have a locksmith re-key it so I can use my existing key.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by SDinDS
I don't like having only one external key lock. If your battery is dead and you break off the key in the door handle, you're screwed. The D1 had them on both front doors and the cargo door. I'm contemplating getting a driver's side (our passenger side) door handle from across the pond and put in on the right side. Then I'll have a locksmith re-key it so I can use my existing key.
I totally agree with you there. The lock actuator on my rear cargo door broke, so now I have to crawl over the seats and open it with the handle on the inside. Wouldn't have that problem with a DI.

Quick Reply: Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...