Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three Amigo Reset Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three Amigo Reset Question

Hello
I have a "Three Amigos" question for you all, I have replaced our faulty SVS and rewired it the way as described here on the forum. Now here is the thing, I still have the amigos and have double checked everything so I was wondering do I have to now get the code cleared or should the amigos go off right away? I used a Nanocom computer and got this while scanning the ABS
Now I have not used a Nanocom till this weekend and does in the top left corner tell me I have more codes for this?
Any help is much appreciated.
Name:  20140426_122312_zps38296fa4.jpg
Views: 2998
Size:  190.6 KB

Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi, not a direct answer to your particular question but these are sold on Ebay UK and have the wiring mod already done with instructions on modifying the multiplug pins and external cables. I've just bought this and awaiting delivery. The other problems that occurs is the shuttle valve seals sometimes need replacing and leak brake fluid which corrodes the wiring and throws up faults. The wiring mod gets over the potted connector pin failure as is shown on the sticky.
Landrover Discovery 2 Defender ABS Modulator Shuttle Valve Switch Repair Kit | eBay

Old 05-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You still need to clear the codes.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ralphobell
You still need to clear the codes.
Thanks, that is actually what I wanted to know.
Also a quick question, in your signature it mentions your moved your e-brake lever over and was wondering how you did it.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BCDisco2Lando
Thanks, that is actually what I wanted to know.
Also a quick question, in your signature it mentions your moved your e-brake lever over and was wondering how you did it.

Here you go.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ndbrake-57626/

Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ralphobell
Super and thanks

Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi, not a direct answer to your particular question but these are sold on Ebay UK and have the wiring mod already done with instructions on modifying the multiplug pins and external cables. I've just bought this and awaiting delivery. The other problems that occurs is the shuttle valve seals sometimes need replacing and leak brake fluid which corrodes the wiring and throws up faults. The wiring mod gets over the potted connector pin failure as is shown on the sticky.
Landrover Discovery 2 Defender ABS Modulator Shuttle Valve Switch Repair Kit | eBay
OffRoadFrance did this kit work for you? Was it as easy as the listing says it should be?

Old 06-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by RegT
OffRoadFrance did this kit work for you? Was it as easy as the listing says it should be?
Hi RegT, sorry but I haven't yet fitted the modded shuttle valve kit as yet, it's a job for this coming week. Having studied the problem in some detail and read the fault codes on three occasions I imagine this will be the answer but I cannot be sure. I have cleaned the electrical contacts going into the Wabco unit with electrical contact spray and confident that's not the problem. The code "1304 shuttle valve electrical failure" comes up on the scanner every time so I'm am assuming the 3 Amigos is directly related to that and not any ABS wheel sensors. Looking back to listed recalls by LR this problem was known about 6-8 years ago but with very limited response from LR unless the owner persistently reported the problems and only a repair pack was installed NOT a new WABCO unit. The repair pack used is sold by LR for something like £350+. Does this remind you of their response to leaking sunroofs, LR known problem and NO action as always.

PS. Looking at installing the shuttle valve kit seems relatively easy insitu assuming the tiny shuttle seals are not defective then it will require total removal of the modulator and the subsequent sequential brake bleeding fiasco. I have, however, also bought some Goodridge brake hoses so sooner or later the brake bleeding will need to be done.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 06-01-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by BCDisco2Lando
Super and thanks
Great avatar BCDisco2Lando, reminds of the UK expression, "life's a bitch..........and then you die"..........

Old 06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi RegT, sorry but I haven't yet fitted the modded shuttle valve kit as yet, it's a job for this coming week. Having studied the problem in some detail and read the fault codes on three occasions I imagine this will be the answer but I cannot be sure. I have cleaned the electrical contacts going into the Wabco unit with electrical contact spray and confident that's not the problem. The code "1304 shuttle valve electrical failure" comes up on the scanner every time so I'm am assuming the 3 Amigos is directly related to that and not any ABS wheel sensors. Looking back to listed recalls by LR this problem was known about 6-8 years ago but with very limited response from LR unless the owner persistently reported the problems and only a repair pack was installed NOT a new WABCO unit. The repair pack used is sold by LR for something like £350+. Does this remind you of their response to leaking sunroofs, LR known problem and NO action as always.

PS. Looking at installing the shuttle valve kit seems relatively easy insitu assuming the tiny shuttle seals are not defective then it will require total removal of the modulator and the subsequent sequential brake bleeding fiasco. I have, however, also bought some Goodridge brake hoses so sooner or later the brake bleeding will need to be done.
OK thanks, let me know if it works, i need the same thing and was thinking about ordering one if they have it, i haven't seen anything like that here.