Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much oil, Warm Stalling, no restart until cool, Idle control valve?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Too much oil, Warm Stalling, no restart until cool, Idle control valve?

Thanks for the help. Unless I misunderstand something, I don't think it is leaky injectors because the car runs fine when the ICV is disconnected. I only have the problem when the ICV wiring is connected and the car is warm: it then dies and will not start until 1) it cools or 2) I disconnect the ICV wiring.

I tried to remove the oil seperator but cannot understand how to remove it. It sits about a 1/4 inch below the top of the LH valve cover nipple. Since it has a flat top and matches the inner diameter of the nipple, I cann't figure out how to pull it? I have never seen one of these out, so i am not sure if it is supposed to have some play. It appearts to have carbon caked along the top of it. I know the other end of the hose on the air intake sucks the via a hose to this point. But as far as I can tell this oil seperator is currently and impass with no play or way for air to get around. Perhaps this is the problem?

Thanks for all your ideas and help. Love my disco and learning to love working on it!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Too much oil, Warm Stalling, no restart until cool, Idle control valve?

OK, your oil seperator is missing, no big deal. But it sounds like your vacum line is clogged with, guess what, oil. More specificaly sludge.
I replaced mine with gas line from a old lawn mower and put hose clamps on it.
You can get a new seperator from www.atlanticbritish.com as well as the vacum line.