Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Filter, Verify Part - '04 D2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Trans Filter, Verify Part - '04 D2

Would like to know if I need to order another filter and appreciate your help. Getting ready to change trans oil/filter for first time in this vehicle. Filter received from RockAuto, ATP B-80 doesn't have a bottom inlet for mounting a pick-up tube as in the Workshop Manual, has a flat bottom and inlet on edge of filter. Looks like the first link and obviously different from one in BA's. Thanks.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41we9dFy6tL.jpg

Land Rover Transmission Filter Kit (Same Fit As Genuine Part # RTC4653)

Old 01-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

You need the model that has the 1-inch pickup tube extension. I really don't know the purpose the other style serves though. Hopefully someone tells us but you do have the incorrect version, presently.

The following users liked this post:
number9 (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by chubbs878
You need the model that has the 1-inch pickup tube extension. I really don't know the purpose the other style serves though. Hopefully someone tells us but you do have the incorrect version, presently.
Appreciate your quick reply.

Glad I looked at the manual and part again prior to start. Would not have been the happiest camper having to drop the pan more times than necessary. Filter they sent would have to sit in the bottom of a pan or have a totally different pick-up tube design/attachment.

Found other vendors on eBay and Amazon saying it's a good aftermarket ATP PN for application. They must all use some wrong cross-reference rather properly researching before offering items for sale. Dumber than dumb.

Fortunately RockAuto return provides a prepaid shipping label and refund of part cost.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Appreciate your quick reply.

Glad I looked at the manual and part again prior to start. Would not have been the happiest camper having to drop the pan more times than necessary. Filter they sent would have to sit in the bottom of a pan or have a totally different pick-up tube design/attachment.

Found other vendors on eBay and Amazon saying it's a good aftermarket ATP PN for application. They must all use some wrong cross-reference rather properly researching before offering items for sale. Dumber than dumb.

Fortunately RockAuto return provides a prepaid shipping label and refund of part cost.

I'm glad that I could help. O'reillys Auto sells both versions, so I had to look into this myself not long ago. Somebody sure is trying to trick us. Or like you said, make us do the job twice. Kind of p*ss*s me off, if you want to know the truth