Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Trio (TC, HDC, & ABS) - question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Trio (TC, HDC, & ABS) - question

I've had theTrio problem recently on my '01 Disco II. I personally replaced the front rotors (British)and pads (EBC Green Stuff )about a month ago. I did not use any anti-squeal grease as the pads already had a rubber backing on them. I was very careful to follow Eurotek's procedures on bleeding fluid out of the bleed screws when compressing the calipers instead of pushing contaminants back through the modulator. Last week, the Trio ofwarning lights came on intermittently, andnow have stayed on.I would like tocheck the wheel speed sensorsfor dirt or clearance but I don't know what I am looking for or where to find them. Does anyone have a good description on finding/checking/reseating the wheel sensors? Pictures would be helpful. Also, if one/both of the wheel sensors are the problem, once I clean/seat them, will the Trio go away or do I have to have someone turn them off? I've seen in some posts that climbing to engage the TC will get the lights to turn off. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: The Trio (TC, HDC, & ABS) - question

you have 4 wheel sensors and they are mounted in the wheel hub, unlike some other sensors that read from the rotors these read from the shaft. they are inserted on top of the hub and are held in place with an o ring. i would not recomend attempting to remove them. you can see if they can be pushed in any farther with you finger but don't try to force them. another thing to check is the connectors in the harness. on the front they are on the inside of the wheel well and on the rear they are mounted right behind the wheel on the side of the outer wheel well. disconnect them and inspect the pins for dirt etc. they are single wire connectors black in color and are mounted in clips. the sensors do fail and the only way to find out which if any are bad is at the dealer or a shop that has autologic diagnostic equipment. mine come on and off whenever they feel like it..does you abs sysyem still operate (hard braking test)?

Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 AM
4wd Low
Default RE: The Trio (TC, HDC, & ABS) - question

shaggybruce and gundog, that is what mine was doing, coming on when ever they got ready and then going off when I killed the engine. I was at a Landrover "off road" event Saturday. We I arrived, the trio of lights were on.We got to the first hill, I could not make it up. Had to be towed. While they were hooking up the rope, I killed the engine and restarted to see if the lights would go out. They did, and then the T/C took over and began working. T/C was not operating to begin with and I could not make it up the hill on my own.

The trouble has cleared up. Since I started having trouble with the trio, I had never been able to go this long without them coming on. I took a trip after the "off road event" and just returned home today. The lights are still off. It appears all I needed to do was use the T/C to clear the problem. Have either one of you tried getting in a situation where you tax the traction and see if getting T/C in action would straighten things out.

Just a thought.