Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There with ya bro. Keep on fighting tha fight. my discos down and I'm fighting with the ex...know where the $s going tho

Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in a similar situation myself, Spike. Since September my truck has kind of been put on the back burner due to school/not having a job. It doesn't like when I don't pay attention to it =/ I just spent $300 changing every fluid to high quality synthetic, and another $4-500 replacing parts (mind you, all of this my parents money that I'm borrowing-I literally have 4 bucks and change in the bank). So now my truck runs better than when I first got it, but now the starter may be dead.

Guess we gotta just suck it up and keep on keepin' on though, right?

I don't believe in anything spiritual or religious, but I do think Karma is a good thing to believe in, so I just stay positive, and positive things do tend to happen.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Chris
you never know what tomorrow brings maybe you will find a $100 bill on the ground or better yet maybe a few wrapped together!!!
Spile,
I was at the gas station 2 days ago and a $10 bill blew by me as I was mumbeling about the higher gas prices, like they say, you never know!!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your not alone bro, I was laid off in March and still have no income coming in. I noticed yesterday a fast trickle down the front drivers side block. I believe it to be coolant leaking from the front outer head. So it looks like I will be replacing the head gaskets very soon. Not sure how to pay for it yet.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Spike,
I would call the wheel bearing a blessing. It sucks and all, but you are looking at a fairly easy job. At least it wasn't your diff...

You got the kits, so you will get new locking washers, the only other thing I can suggest is lock-tite for the bolts on the drive flange and hub. You may find that sticking the hub back in the wheel to hold it makes getting the hub bolts off oeasier, if you are doing the rotors too.

Good thing is that you can adjust your rear wheel sensors and clean the hub rings while you are in there. Who knows, you may get your ABS back..

Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I am having the wheel bearings done, I will bring my guy the parts when they come in and then drop the truck off for the day, $60 in labor for both sides.
He will do it in his down time, it would take me all day.
The parts wont be in until Wed. so if I were to do it it would have to wait until Sunday of next week, we cant be down a car that long.
This way it is back on the road Wed.
He did the fronts for me in 2007 and with my kits he said that it was the easiest wheels bearings that he has ever done.
He cut me a deal on labor because it was so easy.
I am just glad that I dont have a DII.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by tornado_735
Keep your chin up Spike.

You should do like I did: Find a cheap, used, working computer on craigslist, and put all the goodies you want in it.

All together, I've only put $80 into this computer.

Good luck with the wheel bearing,

Aaron

PS - I was scared to death you were going to tell us you wrecked the Rover!
I have to have a laptop and you cant find one worth anything used.
Mine was used, lasted me 2 years and all I could do was internet stuff, no movies, no buring photo CD's, nothing, just really slow internet.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spike555
I never get so lucky.
My kind of luck is stepping in dog crap with my old shoes not my good ones.

Oh brother I hear that...I've got notoriously bad luck as well....I've heard that thinking positively has a magical way of bringing you better luck...who knows?

Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hang in there spike, you are a friend to all of us and things will get better for you. Just be thankful that it wasn't more serious. Some of my friends have had their cars randomly catch fire. I couldn't imagine the horror of watching my baby burn. Divorces are tough too, my parents have recently gone through one and it SUCKS! But, all we can do is grin and bear it. Good luck to ya, and hang in there.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Team Owner

Thank you for all the well wishes everybody.
Nobody died so its all good right?
I dont worry about much, all my problems have been washed away by His blood so I dont sweat because I'm worried, I sweat because I'm fat.