Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird clinking noise, possible drive shaft problem need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Your newly rebuilt drive shaft will fail very soon because you did not replace the centering ball that is between the 2 new u-joints.
I would suggest you either remove the drive shaft now or quit driving it cause it will fail real soon.
Next time when doing a project that is as common as this, read up on what needs to be replaced and make sure to grease all 6 u-joints or slip shafts a couple time a year.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by CiscoKidd
I just bought a brand new drive shaft for under $400 with delivery. Installed it with a buddy that has done some work on my Disco in the past and we were both very surprised at how good the quality seems to be, and how easy we were able to install it. All around no complaints so far and im a pretty happy camper considering the whole job cost me under $500 including install.

LANDROVER DISCOVERY II DRIVE SHAFTS

DISCOUNTCODE
Wish you would have looked and or asked what is a decent replacement drive shaft to buy, did you even compare the old shaft to that replacement which by the pictures on their site, don't even resemble a Rover drive shaft ever used by Rover on nearly all of their vehicles?
If you don't believ me ask anyone else that is familiar with Rover front drive shafts, what you bouight is not for a 4 wheel drive D2.