Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
This was done a few days ago, but I really wanted to post a photo!
Where'd you get the **** and sticker? Looks new!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

They both are new, the sticker is HERE and the **** came with the Ashcroft CDL Kit. Couldn't be happier now!(oh wait, yes I could...I want front and rear lockers now!)

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupin 3rd
Not just that, turn on the engine, then shift through all the gears ( Park > R > N ... > 1 > 2 > ... > P ) one by one and let it stay in each gear for a couple seconds. Then (for the fun part!) with the engine still running get under and fill it up.
I did exactly that. When I first read it, I thought you turned the engine OFF after you filled and switched through the gears the first time. I took the filler plug off this morning, filled it until a little was coming out, went through the gears again and then got a few more pumps in before it was a fairly solid stream out of the filler. I think all in all I got another 2 quarts in.

I took the plug out cleaned it, and then drove it around the block, at first it seemed to have fixed the problem, and then on the way to work the SES came back with a vengeance. I didn't seem to be idling as rough as before, but still a bit of vibration. On the way home I decided to pick up a new iridium spark plug and will be testing that this afternoon. If it still is giving me misfires with a new plug I will be pulling the wire and checking it with my multimeter.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Jump Seat hinge cover

Wife broke it over a year ago when trying to swing seats back into locked position. Must have grabbed plastic cover for leverage by accident. I had it stuffed in the tailgate door pocket figuring to deal with it later.

I finally take it out and see the the plastic base that the screw head grabs broke as the screw head pulled through it. I took a metal washer and epoxied it to the back side of the cover. Works like a charm.

Note- A lot of broken plastic over the years on my Disco 2 from heat and or Southern exposure living in Florida/ N.C.

Parts broken- front/rear bumper, A-pillars and windshield cowl, both dash drawers (ashtray/coin), air box lid, coolant line from t-body to expansion tank, flat plastic trim between rear door window and rear window on exterior (broken tabs), sun shade handle, rear cigarette drawer behind console...

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attached my Booby to my roof rack today. OK, now before you all get perverted it is a brand of water tank that keeps water from freezing or heating up for 18 hours.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dropped off my 04 at my Indy mechanic to have a 2002 range rover 4.6 put in. Had no pressure at hot idle and a lot of shavings in the oil so I decided a new motor is cheaper than chasing down a problem that many have had and few have solved. Hoping the range rover engine can get me another 100,000 miles or more out of my disco.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wkburns
I attached my Booby to my roof rack today. OK, now before you all get perverted it is a brand of water tank that keeps water from freezing or heating up for 18 hours.
But will it hold milk?

Couldn't resist, I refuse to grow up

Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by SSL9000J
But will it hold milk?

Couldn't resist, I refuse to grow up
Yes, and it keeps it fresh for 18hrs without souring LOL.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
I took the plug out cleaned it, and then drove it around the block, at first it seemed to have fixed the problem, and then on the way to work the SES came back with a vengeance. I didn't seem to be idling as rough as before, but still a bit of vibration. On the way home I decided to pick up a new iridium spark plug and will be testing that this afternoon. If it still is giving me misfires with a new plug I will be pulling the wire and checking it with my multimeter.
Update: the Misfire is GONE and I'm smooth sailing from now (hopefully). I found that the wire is slightly worn away on the number 6 wire. I think it was rubbing up against the SAI tubing and got melted away and was arching and sparking against it and now I replaced the wire and there was no issues. I have contacted Magnecor and hopefully can get a wire from them to replace the busted one so I'm not running 7 wires of one thing and 1 of another.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
This was done a few days ago, but I really wanted to post a photo!
How big of a pain was it to redo the boot kits?

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?