Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I'm really trying to figure out a way to rig up a wakeboard tower rack for my roof rack. Something that I can strap my snowboards in when I go up with a few people. Like this but on the sides of the roof rack:
I've seen a roof rack on a F-250 that had a bicycle surf board holder like this welded onto the side of the roof rack. I'm sure you could be able to do something similar with a wakeboard/snowboard holder.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back Road to Crown King AZ

On Friday I installed shorter shock Towers along with 2 inch spacers to make up the difference that my front end sagged after installing the Very heavy Tactical Rovers Front bumper.

Yesterday 5 of us 3 Disco 2s, i p38 and a Jeep ran the Back Road to Crown King. Had a great day. Used my Winch for the first time. One of the Discos took a bad line and needed to get strapped to avoid going over, so we strapped on and pulled him up. Over all a good time

Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changes bulbs and converted to D1 wiper arms. And new washer fluid cap.

Also swapped out the head unit for a Dual XML8150 that i got really cheap at crutchfield.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_2966_zps3c4cf8ca.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Pik
Three Wheeling

Replaced wiper control arm in steering column (dis-assembly and cleaning did not work)
Passed Inspection & Emissions.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Drifting

Cleaned spark plug on #5 to fix a Service Engine Soon light and code P0305.

Nearly **** myself when the light came on and the engine started running rough all of a sudden!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Drove through a foot and a half of snow with ease with the CDL locked!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I moved it from the garage to the driveway... later on I'll move it back in!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupin 3rd
Cleaned spark plug on #5 to fix a Service Engine Soon light and code P0305.

Nearly **** myself when the light came on and the engine started running rough all of a sudden!
I'll be doing the same for plug number six when I get a chance. I just changed my plugs and wires due to a P0304, and that went away for a solid 3 weeks, then a P1174 popped up, got that fixed up (the air filter box was cracked) and then about 3 days later (yesterday) my engine started idling VERY rough and the SES starting blinking. I haven't driven since other to move it from my driveway to the street and back into the garage so the other car isnt stuck.

I changed the oil today, at about 2975 since I last did it, and put drained the transmission fluid a few days before that. What was odd is that I drained the transmission fluid and about 4.5 quarts and I only put in about 3.5 quarts before it started having a solid stream coming from the filler plug. I will put it on a steeper incline and put more in when I get a chance tomorrow after I do the plug.

Addition: after rereading Spikes instructions I now know why I didnt get ad much transmission fluid in as I got out. I had it parked on an incline but when I checked to fill it again I didnt have the engine running. Ill fix that first thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited by ScreamingLife; 01-08-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

This was done a few days ago, but I really wanted to post a photo!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-fewd8.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
Addition: after rereading Spikes instructions I now know why I didnt get ad much transmission fluid in as I got out. I had it parked on an incline but when I checked to fill it again I didnt have the engine running. Ill fix that first thing tomorrow morning.
Not just that, turn on the engine, then shift through all the gears ( Park > R > N ... > 1 > 2 > ... > P ) one by one and let it stay in each gear for a couple seconds. Then (for the fun part!) with the engine still running get under and fill it up.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?