Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would add a photo, tight fit but it works!

Old 12-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good! Sure beats buying a 100 dollar bracket! Mines mounted up with half inch of clearance! Then, wouldn't you know it, the coolant overflow tank sprung a pinhole leak, squirted all over the engine and wiring harness. Service light soon came on and it seems to be running a little rough. Trying to decide on a code reader. Gonna search and see if an ultra gauge can clear codes....

Last edited by Lowcoe; 12-23-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Washed and waxed . Even though it rained this morning and will rain tonight . I'm not scared .

Old 12-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

I did a full flush of the power steering fluid and did a write up of what I did...
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...62/#post589094

Last edited by JUKE179r; 12-25-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 229 Likes on 182 Posts
Default My First Rover!

Purchased my first Rover on Friday

Spent Friday night and Saturday morning chasing down bugs (i.e. fluid leaks, burnt out lights, wires to nowhere) and making my to do list.

Saturday night and today were spent cleaning. I disassembled the center console and scrubbed each trim piece, switch, and screw then reassembled. I ordered new boots for the parking brake and high/low gear ***.

I swear the previous owners poured caramel mixed with snot into every crack and switch. Then for additional fun, they found the stickiest candy as possible and crammed it into every opening that is only accessible by Hobbit fingers.

Also...one of the previous owners must have been a Brit I say that because the center console cubby must have been used as a holder for fish and chips. There is a STRONG smell of fish and vinegar every time I open it.

Tonight I am moving onto the dashboard and then next week to the headliner.

Wish me luck!!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-20161223_224106444_ios.jpg  
Old 12-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco

Spent Friday night and Saturday morning chasing down bugs (i.e. fluid leaks, burnt out lights, wires to nowhere) and making my to do list.

Saturday night and today were spent cleaning. I disassembled the center console and scrubbed each trim piece, switch, and screw then reassembled. I ordered new boots for the parking brake and high/low gear ***.

I swear the previous owners poured caramel mixed with snot into every crack and switch. Then for additional fun, they found the stickiest candy as possible and crammed it into every opening that is only accessible by Hobbit fingers.

Also...one of the previous owners must have been a Brit I say that because the center console cubby must have been used as a holder for fish and chips. There is a STRONG smell of fish and vinegar every time I open it.

Wish me luck!!
Nice color, nice wheels, nice! No problems with that snow.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,279 Likes on 898 Posts

Washed it, drove it to a Christmas get together down near the "city" and used it to avoid a potential car jacking. Coming up Gratiot in a rough part of town, see two cars sitting in a gas station, one pulls right out in front of me, they immediate slow as if he is turning onto a side street, while the other car comes out behind me and is coming fast...for the old "get us to stop cause we've been in an accident bump"...but I quickly switch a couple lanes and he has to slow or hit his buddy. Second car immediately swings around his buddies car and tries to come up along side us...but I was able to get through a few lights and into a better lite part of town...and they eventually turned down a side street. Wife was totally oblivious to the whole situation (though she did give me a brief look...as if wondering why I'd sped up)...and I left it that way...since she thinks I'm an a** everytime I call her nice old neighborhood...the "hood".

But, no biggy...l guess it was just some misfortunate, misguided troubled soul(s) trying to finish up some late-season Christmas shopping at someone elses expense...or it was just another day in the big city.

Brian.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,279 Likes on 898 Posts
Red face

Wish me luck!!

Nice looking rig, welcome aboard.

Your cleaning story cracked me up...especially the fish smelling issue.

While we are cleaning my 01, which I'd bought from a young lady, my wife looks at some stuff stuck to the door panel and back windows...and asks me "what do you think this stuff is?"

"That's what some folks would call 'a body fluid' and from here on out...we use rubber gloves." So, out came the heavy hitter type, disinfectant cleaning supplies and great care was taken in touching anything of suspicious nature. Found more of this whitish, clear fluid stuck on the seats, console, behind the rear seats, etc. I'm like...did they make a movie in here or something...lol.

Brian.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Washed it, drove it to a Christmas get together down near the "city" and used it to avoid a potential car jacking. Coming up Gratiot in a rough part of town, see two cars sitting in a gas station, one pulls right out in front of me, they immediate slow as if he is turning onto a side street, while the other car comes out behind me and is coming fast...for the old "get us to stop cause we've been in an accident bump"...but I quickly switch a couple lanes and he has to slow or hit his buddy. Second car immediately swings around his buddies car and tries to come up along side us...but I was able to get through a few lights and into a better lite part of town...and they eventually turned down a side street. Wife was totally oblivious to the whole situation (though she did give me a brief look...as if wondering why I'd sped up)...and I left it that way...since she thinks I'm an a** everytime I call her nice old neighborhood...the "hood".

But, no biggy...l guess it was just some misfortunate, misguided troubled soul(s) trying to finish up some late-season Christmas shopping at someone elses expense...or it was just another day in the big city.

Brian.
Wow. The big city is another world.

We just wave at each other. Or don't. That's the sum total.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Camel Trophy

Wish me luck!!
I wish you luck and smile at every reference to hobbit fingers.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?