Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
Had the alignment checked again after adding the caster corrected arms. I'm still .25% short of the minimum, which is fine... maybe when I add a winch and rock sliders it will drop into spec. I have the TF 3" HD springs/shocks
Since no adjustments were needed, les schwab didn't charge me anything! That surprised me.
well that's amazing les Schwann didn't charge you. That's just unheard of!!!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
My turn again...

Added a front runner rack. I like it a lot better than the Baja, because its made of aluminum, has flat bars, and no side rails. Construction is top notch. The one problem I have with it ... it's too short. It should be 6-8" longer. I left a slat out near the front so my sunroof is unobstructed, but it looks a little funny and should be moved back a bit, but the sunroof is too hard to give up. Rear sunroof is no longer usable, but
thats ok.

Jeff,
rack looks great and the disco is coming along nicely. I had a question since you took out your headliner. Where did you mount the front factory switches. I'm guessing you put the factory map holder back up but just wanted to double check. I'm gonna pull mine out tommorow so I can do some wire tracing for my back sunroof and was gonna leave it out for a bit till I got ready to do the new headliner. Gonna change the color to black on it instead of the factory tan color and add some insulation up top.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:12 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Used my pump and gauge set to draw a vacuum on my AC system, it had been 0 psi since I got it, almost held vacuum when disconnected, took a guess and changed the compressor seals, and tada, when taken off the pump it held -30 psi for an hour, then simply charged it up, no more leaks and cool air again, next up - radiator swap

Old 05-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
Jeff,
rack looks great and the disco is coming along nicely. I had a question since you took out your headliner. Where did you mount the front factory switches. I'm guessing you put the factory map holder back up but just wanted to double check. I'm gonna pull mine out tommorow so I can do some wire tracing for my back sunroof and was gonna leave it out for a bit till I got ready to do the new headliner. Gonna change the color to black on it instead of the factory tan color and add some insulation up top.
Thanks
I kept the plastic sun visor overhead console thing. It screws in easily where it was with or without the headliner. I painted it charcoal grey. Everything else was gutted

Old 05-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Charged A/C on 03, just needed a touching-up, was happy with guage readings (35 low side, 155 high side, 73° ambient temperature) considering l did not vacuum it down and temp out of vent while idling was 46°....will probably be around 40°, or less, at road speed.

Parked the 01 out behind the shed, starting to look like a used car dealership around here.

Brian.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:15 PM
Drifting
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Yesterday I did new rotors and ceramic pads.
Today I installed Kingsborne 8mm wires (red) and Bosch plugs.......I have big hands and managed to do it without removing the intake(no SAI) Holy crap those made a difference!! Having 2 plugs with the electrode burned off probably didn't help either.

Last edited by Disco Dad; 05-30-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Pro Wrench

Rebuilt the rear driveshaft ( thanks alex) and put a new rotoflex on since the other was starting to crack.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Mounted the terrafirma bumper off my d1 on the d2. After all, that's what it's supposed to be on. The sides were a bit tweaked from use but still managed to get it bolted up. A little help from a tree and chain straightened the bumper out. Gotta redo some connections n stuff on my smittybilt winch before that gets put on. I have an extra wired remote that I think I'll hard wire through the truck and put a switch inside somewhere.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Uhaulin'.400 miles down

truck is running great. Wiper arm almost flew off, driver lock actuator is intermittently working, but other than, purring along at 194-199

Old 05-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Sweet deal. Nice looking truck

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?