Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturnine
I finally brought one home. Needs work but it is a fine base for an awesome truck!

I don't know if the 240 is yours also but two years ago I had a rover and an old 240 sitting in my driveway. They are both fun vehicles to drive.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

Took my 99 out for a night on the town over the weekend to celebrate our 7th Anniversary. Had to valet it at Chama Gaucha and it looked very nice parked amongst the Merc's, BMW's, Jag's, and Bentley's. It also sounded very nice as it drove off and drove up!

Parked it at another shop/store later that day & the employee that helped us was going goo goo over it and I was impressed when he said that is a very nice Land Rover Discovery you have sir. I usually get oh that's an awesome Jeep... lol.

Then today I slapped on a replacement PS Pump, and I wired up some hidden front rock lights.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

It's the Wifey's car

Originally Posted by jastutte
I don't know if the 240 is yours also but two years ago I had a rover and an old 240 sitting in my driveway. They are both fun vehicles to drive.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Bingo! Mostly completed. I would like to eventually carpet the whole thing, and I'm praying the whole thing fits because I may or may not have taken the measurements in a sleep deprived state.

I will also add fold down seats to the box so I can still have seats but also retain the entire flat surface. Fear not, the container will be fastened down. I also plan to add latches for the doors.

oooh following

Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Ordered the steel heavy duty bumper from Lucky8 today as Tricky Dick got a little carried away this weekend pulling some fallen trees and mashed a large branch up into the fog light and popped out the headlight.

Now...should I get a wench or use that tray for holding cold beer...

Old 02-20-2018, 09:55 AM
TReK
Received 768 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
Ordered the steel heavy duty bumper from Lucky8 today as Tricky Dick got a little carried away this weekend pulling some fallen trees and mashed a large branch up into the fog light and popped out the headlight.

Now...should I get a wench or use that tray for holding cold beer...
That Lucky 8 special doesn't accommodate fog lights...

Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
That Lucky 8 special doesn't accommodate fog lights...
I have a plan for my fog lights, was going to fab up a bracket that would mount under the bumper that swivels so I could push them out of the way if I am out on the trail and push them back down for driving on the road.

Or...I might just get some lights and bull bar on the bumper like bimmerdawg:

Attachment 33022

Old 02-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Pro Wrench

Well, it was about 12 degrees today and putting in spark plugs was no fun. Managed to get about 3 of them in on the passenger side but the forth wasn't going in nicely and i didn't want to cross thread it. I hate SAI. Going to go buy a back tap tomorrow to clean up the threads and hope that it makes everything go back together nicely.

Battery was also dead, which is why i am assuming the central locking system wasn't working when unlocking the car from the key in the drivers door.

Probably time for a new battery

Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the past month I've had to use my, leg, both arms, and my dog to pay for the upgrades. I put in Tom Woods front & rear drive shafts, new Bosch OW sensors, and new 265/75/16 tires (don't remember brand lol) and decided to play some. I hope those imagaes do my hard work justice. HAHAHAH. What you can't see is since that JD got hung up, we had to get another, bigger JD to pull both of us out.

Now before you all say I'm crazy, this was my return trip. This sots just had some water in it and as I crossed it the far end was really soft. I had my dad with me and told him since it was soft, when we turn around we know to hit it a little harder because we were just putting around. Wellllll....... I made it through the soft part and made it to the part I didn't have any problems with, and doooooowwwwwnnnn I went lol. So I had to walk a mile or so in the rain, up hill and 32 degrees to get help. The first tractor showed up and almost had me out when he slipped a tire because he didn't have the rearend locked in and was going slow. Well, that was it. It didn't matter what we did, he just kept digging deeper. We had rocks and wood, anything we could find to put under the tire. He almost had the tractor out and it stalled on him. Well then cam tractor #2. He hooked on, pulled us all out and didn't slip at all. Total time: 4 hours. Loss of pride...priceless. Oh well, until next journey.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Pro Wrench

Nice work!

The following users liked this post:
rcdoeshair (02-22-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?