Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah, i'm hoping to not mess it up since it is a perfect bumper.. BUT i need to do it. Don't want to cut the fogs out since thats why i bought the bumper in the first place so i'll have to get creative on how to cut it without it looking like poo

Old 03-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Trying to diagnose why my truck is in full fuel enrichment. Cleaned out the PCV thingy, it was covered in gunk. Cleaned out the IAC, it was covered in gunk.

Adjusted my headlights which were pointed to the ground like 20 feet in front of me

Old 03-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Went for a drive

Old 03-18-2018, 06:12 PM
Pro Wrench

Thats what i'm talkin about

Old 03-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Cleaned the blower motor and changed the oil. Woop woop. Next I'm going to epoxy some heavy duty air filter material or wire mesh to the plenum intake so no leaves get down there in the future

Old 03-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Took some test drives today! New truck to me, was running poorly (very rough idle with knocking) when I picked it up less than two weeks ago. Had 'too lean' codes and live data showed trims were maxed out. Smoke and vacuum test to find some leaks.

Repaired driver headlight and turn signals (sockets, bulbs, mounts)
Rebuilt injectors (intake leaks, 0-rings worn)
Replaced ignition tumbler (PO had just left the switch dangling)
Changed oil (was overfilled)
Applied JB Weld and some creativity to broken upper radiator return nipple (waiting on new radiator)
Cleaned torn PAS filter from bottom of reservoir (steering a bit better now, replacement PAS tank has arrived)
New valve cover gaskets (were leaking like crazy)
Cleaned throttle body
Cleaned idle air bypass
New air filter
Half done replacing O2 sensors

There is still a decent 'to do' list including fixing the brake vacuum assist connector and the other two O2 sensors, and plenty more that needs to be inspected for issues, but it's just about daily road ready.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 782 Posts

Seems like a lot of us had the same idea took mine out for a shake down run post full fluid change, and new and and fan clutch.

Ran like a charm, pulled a stuck Toyota Tundra out of the snow - he just need to go back 50M, but wet snow on ice had him stuck. Pushed another fellow off ice - by hand not Disco.

A generally good Sunday

Old 03-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Pro Wrench

Went ahead and ordered a new fan / clutch / WP today. I figured might as well just do a full overhaul on the cooling system if I'm going to be swapping out the radiator.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Bought an 03 SE7 a couple weeks ago. Finally had some time to work on it, ~120k miles, the plan is to get it "perfect".
Front brakes, pads, rotors. The orig rotors were rusted and worn, pads brand new strangely.
New cooling system, except for radiator, fixed a small leak, but more preventative than anything.
The suspension needs some love, struts are Terrafirma, but need links, etc.
Ordered Headliner material, but the SE7 headliner looks like a bigger pain to replace, will add the insulation to the ceiling when I do.
I am sure more will come up with time, but ultimately I will replace all of everything.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by redrover75
Bought an 03 SE7 a couple weeks ago. Finally had some time to work on it, ~120k miles, the plan is to get it "perfect".
Front brakes, pads, rotors. The orig rotors were rusted and worn, pads brand new strangely.
New cooling system, except for radiator, fixed a small leak, but more preventative than anything.
The suspension needs some love, struts are Terrafirma, but need links, etc.
Ordered Headliner material, but the SE7 headliner looks like a bigger pain to replace, will add the insulation to the ceiling when I do.
I am sure more will come up with time, but ultimately I will replace all of everything.
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill take a break for a while. I in the calm before the storm situation at the moment. Enjoying every single moment! LOL!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?