Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antmen
I did not drop the entire thing. I remove the visors, oh-sh*t handles, and the documents holder/overhead sunroof button panel. Dropped/bent down the front and worked halfway out of the car facing backward from the front (i.e., standing next to the front door hinges.)
Does that leave any crease marks or anything in the liner?
Sounds better thean taking it out especially where I have DVD, rear air and whatever else up there.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you do with your rover last night?????

Hit up Left Hand Canyon outside of Boulder, CO last night to test out a new suspension my friend put in his jeep comanche... kid is sitting on 29"s with over a 6" lift...(its a work in progress)....anyway it was pleasant to see his face as the Rover, gracefully, went through the whoops 3-wheeling the whole way with no problems...while he went with the foot to the floor method...

First time out on a night trail....lots of fun...need more lights!!!

Purists stop reading now....

thinking about putting some water-proof color changing LED strip lighting under the rover. You can get the water-proof LED strips so cheap right now on e-bay from our china men friends. I have a few sections i was going to use on my dune buggy (got the idea from another friend that decked out his buggy with the lights) but thought they would look cool at night under the rover when i hit the trail for a night run or camping....what i am NOT going to do is ride around town at night thumping music with the lights flashing giving by-standers seizures (the lights have over 100 modes...couple make your head spin...seriously...)

Just a thought...

Last edited by nychaze; 09-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Rebuilt the front driveshaft today. PITA but now we are good.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flushed the orange coolant and replaced with Prestone green. Tonight I plan on taking the headlight stem switch off and cleaning the contacts to see if I can get my headlights working again. Otherwise, I am going to have to buy a new switch.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Three Wheeling

Shined her up a bit last night...not necessarily because I am into shiny, but it was more of a baseline - so I would know the last time it was waxed (a new-to-me-Disco):

Name:  Dicso-004.jpg
Views: 1617
Size:  66.3 KB

Tonight I also put on the 10th Anniversary Disco badge I got from Mike G.

This week will be bigger in terms of progress - fluids, thermostat, and maybe a serpentine belt - then I will be pretty close to finished with the major service checklist, and will hopefully have a decent baseline to work from.

Oh - and 10 bonus points to anyone who can accurately identify the bike....

Last edited by bootzilla; 10-03-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Finished up Option B repair of the ABS Modulator removing the modulator from the D2 and replacing SVS, seals & cir-clips using the Falcon Works P/N FW66 kit (Notes with the kit are very limited, maybe by design to limit risk to seller, refer to Sticky on the forum for real notes with hints and pics)

http://www.jewellamberoil.com/sales/...v1ucis12qmqu93

Also, added the bypass wiring. Seems to have been a success with some limited testing, so will see how it goes in the next few days and off-roading later this month.

Now, on to adding the front output assembly that came in the bright orange bucket by UPS last week that I purchased from Paul Grant to give me the CDL nipple I did not have in my Aug. 2000 build date '01 D2 that I thought I had (URGGH!). This will go nicely with the D1 shifter and linkage I have had sitting on the shelf for a while now.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 10-02-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Three Wheeling

Did the induction cleaning since I just bought some Seafoam and had some new tubing hanging around....heh heh - that was pretty wild when I drove it around the block!!

It threw a check engine light when starting it up after I let it soak, though - P1300, and then a couple of "03" codes, I think it was 0304 and 0305. With no prior problems, I am assuming it was just due to the seafoam. I cleared them out, but have yet to restart it again

Anything to be worried about??

Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Installed a DI CDL linkage.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Changed my air filter...

Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

I changed my ps fluid and added lucas conditioner for a preventative measure. When I finished I realized I reused the oil I took out. Now I have to redo the flush again tomorrow. Slow and steady wins the race. I now know.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?