Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I pulled a 4Runner out of the mud.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

jafir, thats awesome. Total slap in the face for the person in the 4Runner!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Washed it off, including the underside, and then gave it a coat of wax. I got a bit of a hiccup when I tried turning the spare tire holder upside down, but thats all taken care of now. Just cant wait until next weekend when I install the ARB Bumper!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Drove my Discovery II about 15 miles yesterday.
Took a video of the engine compartment..
No issues. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oil and filter done (last night, actually), then tonight it was the spark plugs (finally! thx everyone for the help) and I cleaned the throttle body while I had the intake tube off.

If my 180 thermostat would ever get here, I'd be all set to get the Dexcool out of the motor, then after that and some new wires, I can take a breather for a weekend to finally do some light off-roading.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

NOTHING, it was a rare weekend

Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Three Wheeling

Plug wires...eesh. That was an adventure, and I effed up the cylinder 8 connector at the coil somehow...had to re-form it with pliers and a little piece broke off, but it did click in.

Hopefully I am not screwed - no miss codes anymore, and it held when I pulled on it, so we'll see if I have to go back in there and replace it.

After new plugs and wires, it is pretty much back to where it started - with just a slightest touch of roughness in the idle.

I discovered that the air cleaner is totally plugged up, so I'll change that tomorrow and hopefully that will even things out.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced the water pump (AGAIN). Finally stays cool for extended periods of time at idle.

As of this morning, @ ambient temp of 50*, new 180* t-stat, new water pump. Drove the kids to school, came home, let truck idle in driveway. After 10 minutes idling, engine temp climbed to a max of 197*, but then immediately dropped to 195* and stayed there for another 20 minutes. (Woohoo!)

Now I can get back to working on fun stuff like converting over to the u-joint drive shaft, and acquiring a set of GBR HD CVs,,,

Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replacing the front Crankshaft seal. Replacing valve cover gaskets (AGAIN) 75-140 in the diffs. Hope it helps to quiet the rotational noise some. Flushed and changed coolant the other day. Left the expansion tank cover off, drove it. Noticed it started to heat up got it cooled down and new coolant. then hood wouldn't raise. F@#$%^& cable snapped. Had to remove half of the front end to get a new cable installed and get the hood opened. I am thoroughly convinced, Rovers aren't made for driving , just for working on and putting money into it. Hopefully it will be drivable again this weekend.
Signed "Walking"

edit for grammar error

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM
5th Gear

This past weekend we started doing the 60,000 mile service on my 2002 disco. Changed spark plugs to the Bosch platinum plus 4, changed out t case fluid and re sealed inspection plate that was dripping, changed differential fluid, new battery in key fob, greased all fittings, lubed doorhinges, all that's left is changing Transmission filter and fluid and coolant. This is the first real big service we have done on my disco since we bought it 7 months ago. Can't believe how much money we are saving doing it ourselves! Also installed small (1 1/4 ") body lift two weeks ago, to make room for a slightly bigger tire.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?