Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Fixed my mirror, refurbished my Hi-Lift and shovel

Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Nice job Street Wolf. The mirrors are well worth sorting out as they cost an 'arm & leg' new complete in the UK and even more in France (double). Unfortunately the mirrors are a bit fragile if you clip them when passing another vehicle in the opposite direction in a tight street.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drover our Disco From Holyoke MA to Provincetown, MA this past weekend..... let the air out of the tires and did a dune tour..... what a great way to enjoy the beach and our land rover.... the Park Rangers at Race point Beach where great!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed my TerraFirma 2" lift kit and steering stabilizer yesterday. Man, what a difference it makes in my ride quality. I was on old, worn out springs and bad shocks. Fender height at front wheel went from 31.5" to 35.5". Rear fender height went from 32" to 35.5". I'm loving it so far! It took me and a friend about 5.5 hrs to get everything finished. But, we replaced a few lost screws on the front bumper so it wouldn't bounce and rattle. And, when we removed the coolant reservoir, we busted one of the brittle lines and had to replace it also. So, we probably got the lift completed in 4.5 to 5 hrs.

I've attached a few pictures, 'cause I know that it didn't happen without pics. Of course, after I got it installed and did a little driving, I just had to do some "urban off-roading" and found a big pile of sand behind our local Target store.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-tf-2-install-rear-fender.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-tf-2-install2.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-tf-2-install3.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-tf-2-install4.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-tf-2-install5.jpg  

Old 10-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I completed my coolant and thermostat swap today. I had done the majority of the swap out last week which included a completely new lower hose assembly and new heater hoses; my upper hose assembly was not too old so I reused it. I went with the 180 degree LR one from R. North. I also replaced the throttle body heater plate assembly as it was starting to leak. And I decided to replace the hose from that assembly to the reservoir bottle and the hose small hose that exits the top of the radiator and also runs to the reservoir bottle. I ditched the plastic tubing that both of these lines use and just went with new rubber hoses and clamps. Those plastic lines just seem brittle to me and prone to breakage.

After my initial dump and flush of the system last week I refilled it with distilled water only and drove it for 3 days and ran the heater several times. When I dumped it this morning it had a bit of sediment in it and hardly any tint of the OAT coolant. I refilled the system with a 50/50 mix of Peak Long Life and distilled H2O and included a bottle of the Royal Purple coolant additive. Seems like I should be good for the horrific cold weather we get here in Houston!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Barat11
Replaced my DII wiper arms and blades with DI's. I am must happier with the performance of the DI as opposed to the DII arms.
i've been wanting to do this, but just have had no salvage luck. so yesterday, I decided to go ghetto an try to get more tension from that spring, diy style. I replaced that c-shaped clip (that bottom side of spring hooks to) with a smaller hog ring. works great, but it took me 20 minutes to find one of the springs, that shot across the yard, upon removal.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
i've been wanting to do this, but just have had no salvage luck. so yesterday, I decided to go ghetto an try to get more tension from that spring, diy style. I replaced that c-shaped clip (that bottom side of spring hooks to) with a smaller hog ring. works great, but it took me 20 minutes to find one of the springs, that shot across the yard, upon removal.
Dusty, I could get you some D1 arms "assuming" the two D1's I have access to at the moment have not already been scraped.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Dusty, I could get you some D1 arms "assuming" the two D1's I have access to at the moment have not already been scraped.
for sure...please...thanks....let me know

Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Due to my trailer being full of toys, I loaded and hauled a small patch of lawn for my house in the cargo area of my DII.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-lawn.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
for sure...please...thanks....let me know
Will do, I'll check on this next time I get by there.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?