Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is meaning of this sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JBEGIN
FEDEX doesnt hook you up, you would think they would......
I dont work for FedEx, we are all contractors and sub contractors.
The guy I work for owns 10 routes and has 10 guys working for him.
I have looked into health ins, but I cannot afford the monthly premium, $300 per month that I aint got.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Panzer
Thats a valid point, and I fully understand what your saying m8, but the NHS over here is a MASSIVE financial burden on the country, even more so now with the amount out of work, the ever growing population from eastern europe flooding in etc not paying into the national pot.

Im fortunate enough to have private health care through my job, but I still have to pay into the national pot to, it would be nice to have the option to opt out if your fortunate enough to have a benefit like that with your employer.

Urban Panzer, actually, there are medical services available here to those who (for whatever reason) have no medical coverage. They can go to a public (usually county) hospital or clinic for care. Yes, you may have to wait in line with the crackheads but it's something. The truth of the matter is that we too already have an enormous "free" or nearly "free" public health system intertwined with our private system.

Around $1800 dollars of my $4200 in property taxes went to the county hospital this year. That was IN ADDITION to paying for my own health plan. In the past that money would have been spent on the indigent or truly poor but now it is also spent on those who simply don't want the extra expense of insurance. Can't say that I really blame them when the government gives them an alternative, which they do intentionally so we creep ever closer to a totally socialized system. The Feds can't wait to control all that money.

Scan the below link for an idea of what is available from the government for folks without coverage, family of four qualification requires income of less than $66k...$35 fees...80% discounts on services....

http://www.jpshealthnet.org/For-Pati...t-Program.aspx

This is why many people in the U.S. choose to not purchase their own health insurance. They figure why pay for what may not be needed. In the case of a family that qualifies for the above discounted program, they could opt to purchase medical coverage for maybe 5% of that income - but many won't.

In the near future, everyone in the U.S. must be required to carry medical insurance or we will end up with a totally socialized system like yours.

I'll be living out of the country so it doesn't really matter to me...

Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That is only for residents of TX, there is no such program for many other states.
I would gladly pay a affordable monthly premium instead of the $7200 that we owe the hospital for the 2 ER visits in the last 6 months.
The fact of the matter is that most states do not offer any kind of "government" health care system, there is Medicare and Medicade, only people under 18 and over 65 qualify for 90% of those programs.
Those of us who are middle aged are on our own, a MD wont see you if you dont have insurance, and forget a specalist.
After the first trip to the ER my wife saw a Dr and it cost us $110 up front before she could even schedule the appointment.
Then she was told that she needs a test to find out what is wrong...$2000 for that test.
15 min appoinment cost us $110 and we cant do anything more until we have $2000.
Like I said, I would gladly pay a affordable monthly premium.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvToDisco

Urban Panzer, actually, there are medical services available here to those who (for whatever reason) have no medical coverage. They can go to a public (usually county) hospital or clinic for care. Yes, you may have to wait in line with the crackheads but it's something. The truth of the matter is that we too already have an enormous "free" or nearly "free" public health system intertwined with our private system.

Around $1800 dollars of my $4200 in property taxes went to the county hospital this year. That was IN ADDITION to paying for my own health plan. In the past that money would have been spent on the indigent or truly poor but now it is also spent on those who simply don't want the extra expense of insurance. Can't say that I really blame them when the government gives them an alternative, which they do intentionally so we creep ever closer to a totally socialized system. The Feds can't wait to control all that money.

Scan the below link for an idea of what is available from the government for folks without coverage, family of four qualification requires income of less than $66k...$35 fees...80% discounts on services....

http://www.jpshealthnet.org/For-Pati...t-Program.aspx

This is why many people in the U.S. choose to not purchase their own health insurance. They figure why pay for what may not be needed. In the case of a family that qualifies for the above discounted program, they could opt to purchase medical coverage for maybe 5% of that income - but many won't.

In the near future, everyone in the U.S. must be required to carry medical insurance or we will end up with a totally socialized system like yours.

I'll be living out of the country so it doesn't really matter to me...

Just another example of why I think Texans should run America.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ne1949mozda
no,im owner for over two years.
and yes i bought from dealer.
Oh ok, well if the rover hasnt been in the shop half the time it sounds like your ok. I still think its odd the dealer didnt tell you about it being a lemon...