Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the point of buying extend front bump stops

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom38
That is what I can't figure out, me and my dad bounced on the front of the car and my brother said it was the axle hitting something, the bump stops or maybe the frame, we still can't be completely sure.
Have you done what I said and compressed the springs with HD ratchet straps?
If you have the original shocks it shouldn't be them if it's really banging on compression. But have you checked your shock bushings? When worn excessively the shocks can make an awful racket.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom38
That is what I can't figure out, me and my dad bounced on the front of the car and my brother said it was the axle hitting something, the bump stops or maybe the frame, we still can't be completely sure.
Have you done what I said and compressed the springs with HD ratchet straps? though if you can make the noise by bouncing the car you might not need to do the ratchet straps.
Has your brother pointed to what's hitting? Doesn't sound like it.

If you have the original shocks it shouldn't be them if it's really banging on compression. But have you checked your shock bushings? When worn excessively the shocks can make an awful racket.

You can also put the axle on good jack stands and remove the wheels so you can see better.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antichrist
Have you done what I said and compressed the springs with HD ratchet straps? though if you can make the noise by bouncing the car you might not need to do the ratchet straps.
Has your brother pointed to what's hitting? Doesn't sound like it.

You can also put the axle on good jack stands and remove the wheels so you can see better.
I haven't had the time yet, but sounds like a good idea, I'll do it when I get home