Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the possibilitey of....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had noticed there was in there when looking through rave, but what Im confused about, is what light does it put on in the instrument panel ? I cannot see any ref to a sep Transfer case light.......

Unless its also hooked up to the transmission Oil temp light ?

EDIT just traced it through the wiring diagrams, and I see it is also hooked up to the auto transmission temp light. Bit of a dumb idea really, as when the lights on, it could be either the auto box or transfer box, and the auto is far more likely to get damaged with an over temp than the transfer case is. Should of had a seperate light imo. Dont have one on mine so dont care :P

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 02-18-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, it is dumb to have them both tied into the same warning light, I agree.

The moment it started coming out we instantly went straight for the transmission, changing the filter and fluid multiple times and cleaning out the cooler even.

Anyways....... I resolved my problem. I unplugged the harness from the transfer case temp sensor, light is no longer on.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:46 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I have seen this post on 2 sites over the last day or so, and decided to ponder it a little this morning. Bottom line, unless someone can show me in writing that I am wrong, there is no temp sensor in our t/case.
No mention in the owners manual or warning light on the dash.
That being said, I don't think we have one. We have sensor for the chimes/neutral position and a solenoid that won't let us shift into low range if the tranny is not in neutral.
Mike
Hi guys, in my LRD2 2003 I also dont have a t/case temperature sensor for the oil, and my dash light for high temp tranny oil is on. I already disconnect the one in the radiator and still on. Any thoughts?

Old 04-21-2020, 12:46 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Pretty sure the temp sensor at the radiator is not an oil temp sensor... Unless of course you have a model with the oil cooler, then thats the sensor you want to check, not the one on the radiator.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:53 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Pretty sure the temp sensor at the radiator is not an oil temp sensor... Unless of course you have a model with the oil cooler, then thats the sensor you want to check, not the one on the radiator.
Many thanks, I check the one in the cooler, and same result. Somebody told me maybe replacing tranny oil, because I just replace the one in the gearbox, not the turbine, and this car was seat for 6 years, so that colud be a solution.
what do you think?